ways to avoid getting ripped off

Discussion of ways to help ensure a safe trade, so you don't get ripped-off. Do not discuss individuals here. Use the Feedback Forum instead.
kc2cue

ways to avoid getting ripped off

Post by kc2cue »

After my experience with ve7jz, and i am not saying anything bad here, to avoid getting ripped off with other guys on a trade, follow thiese simple steps. Ask the person you are trading with ship only ups. If they dont, then they are probably not to keen on the idea of the box being tracked. One of the first things i picked up on with john. If they agree, simply ask, put their box out, send you a tracking number and wait to see if there has been any activity. Just to say, if the box was dropped off, then there should be a origin scan on the box, the very first thing that comes up, when the box is picked up by a driver. Normally on the same day you see the departure scan. To protect yourself, you can wait to you see the origin scan. You can have your box all ready to go, with the number in hand, and be fair send him the number, but advise, you wont drop it off, until you see that first scan come up. Ups allows full tracking of boxes, that the point of the number utilize it to the best of your ability. I manage to have my 700 bucks in equipment turned around and sent back to me. you cant do that with usps, once it leaves your hands, it gone, ups is the way to. I hope this information helps many hams, and happy trading.
RadioBob

Ship with Caution!

Post by RadioBob »

I agree with KC2CUE to a point but I still believe what I read and see on qrz.com There are always two sides to every story and in this case, one side was not able to be heard at all. :(
kc2cue

you have a point about two side

Post by kc2cue »

But why would the other party choose to say quiet, about what happened. I mean if you did what you were suppossed to, and somebody blasted you out the water for nothing, wouldnt you post a topic?
RadioBob

Being quiet!

Post by RadioBob »

Perhaps whomever you are speaking about was banned like you on qrz.com for doing the same thing or things. Perhaps they decided to call it quits, but whatever the reason they must have a good one.
KG4FBG

Safe trading

Post by KG4FBG »

Unless USPS has changed in the past year, They will also return your parcel.. I had it done and I'm $150 to the good..
My post office faxed my report to the recipients post office I was sending the payment to.. They returned my payment.. No problem...
I've also got one in Virginia that I'm not getting any replies on.. Too late to try and stop that one.. They already confirmed they received the money and was to have already shipped.. Should have been here Saturday, 9/27/03.. No replies to e-mails.. Although a small amount, it's the principal of it.. Just a 3 hr. drive from here..
I also sent payment today to Hyder Park, NY.. To confirm that it was sent I have sent 3 e-mails today and all have been returned.. I'll try again in the morning.. If no luck, off to the post office I'll go...