Comment on not getting ripped off

Discussion of ways to help ensure a safe trade, so you don't get ripped-off. Do not discuss individuals here. Use the Feedback Forum instead.
N8PQB

Comment on not getting ripped off

Post by N8PQB »

A couple of things I always insist on. First of all a phone number, then make the call to verify who it is, make sure it is not a cell phone number. Ask for a email address of someone else they have done business with. Here lately, everyone wants the other guy to ship first, do you or don't you? I generally insist on shipping via UPS rather than USPS. My experience with USPS has been poor, their tracking methods and options are not as good as UPS.
Finally, we must remember this is supposed to be fun!! I believe strongly that 95% of the hams on this board are honest. 4% are deceptive, in that they ship differently than they advertise, but they do ship! And finally, the 1% that are actually out for free gain.
I have been ripped off also, but also have gained some avenues of recourse that are available to us, not always does the con artist win!
wr0t

Non Hams and ripoffs

Post by wr0t »

Just my opinion but since most of the scams and ripoffs involve a non ham. Why not limit the board to licensed hams only? A verified QRZ name and call could be checked before allowing "membrship"

Just a thought. So you non ham dealers, hold the flames, I don't pay any attention to you anyway and i just consider the source. :evil: :evil: :evil:
Proud to Fly the Flag Long Before Was Popular
tim46120

SCAMS

Post by tim46120 »

WELL WE CONSIDER THE SORCE WHEN ITS YOU TOO.NOT ALL NON CALL PEOPLE WILL SCAM,ITS A PROVEN FACT JUST LOOK AT THE FEED
BACK,ITS NOT JUSY NON-HAMS THAT SCAM. TIM CONNER
wr0t

Non Ham Dealers

Post by wr0t »

Ah, I am not surprised I heard from this guy. The last emails went on forever until I blocked him. Bottom line, This is a free country yet and I ONLY spend my money with Licensed hams and Licensed Ham Radio Dealers.

Yes it is my choice and that is what I do. It is too risky dealing with the non ham dealers.

I have proposed to the FCC many times over the last 50 years that only licensed people should be able to buy or sell ham radio equipment..

But as usual money talks.........
tim46120

scams

Post by tim46120 »

yes you blocked the email because you couldnt take the heat,you want to limit everything to what you want.yes money must talk to,and i guess the FCC dosent really care what you say or think,but again i ask you to go to the feedback and see who the rip offs are its not the nonhams.you want to slam us and do not want to promote the hobby by trying to run us off,how in the world is any one supposed to learn and grow in a hobby when there are guys like you trying to be SADDOM and run it your way?i guess when in your country when you want to learn about something it impossable to do,because you rule,this is the USA and we can learn any where we want even though you dont like it.and yes i fly a flag too,the flag of our country,and not the stars and bars that you fly.LONG LIVE THE USA AND OUR FREEDOMS.TIM CONNER
wr0t

Kind Words

Post by wr0t »

Thanks for the kind words and thoughts. I rest my case against non ham dealers and their attitudes.....
W0LPQ

Flags

Post by W0LPQ »

Slightly off topic, however...

Mr. Conner, Korea, 1960, we referred to our FLAG as the Stars & Bars, Stars & Stripes, the FLAG....!

For some reason you detest the Stars & Bars....sorry....! Many servicemen use this term, and some (also those who have already died defending it) still do..!

WØLPQ
tim46120

SCAMS

Post by tim46120 »

THE FLAG HE IS TALKING ABOUT IS THE REBEL FLAG,NOT OUR COUNTRYS FLAG,AFTER 10 YEARS IN THE USMC I DO KNOW WHAT THAT LOOKS LIKE,AND I KNOW WHAT IT STANDS FOR. TIM CONNER
wr0t

Stars and Bars ??? Get Real.

Post by wr0t »

As our local Son Gomer Pile once said Golee Gee, I for the life of me cannot see why this CB shop guy is on my case about the flag and everything else. If he would bother to look on the last page of my web site, he would see Old Glory flying high. In case you have forgot that is the USA Flag not the Rebel flag...

Like I said before, we need only hams on QTH not NON hams because this is what you get, personal unfounded attacks. Hams do not do this type of thing. I have tried to be civil to Mr. Conner because I am a ham but my patence is wearing thin.

Ebay is a much better place for non hams to sell their stuff and a lot of hams that like to unload their junk can hide behind a Ebay ID.

I trust that this will be the final post about this matter as it is getting boreing...

:D :D :D :D :) :) :) :lol: :lol: :lol: