Items sold as new w/warranty

Discussion of ways to help ensure a safe trade, so you don't get ripped-off. Do not discuss individuals here. Use the Feedback Forum instead.
n9vao

Items sold as new w/warranty

Post by n9vao »

Beware of seller saying, "New with warranty". The only way the buyer can have a warranty with the item is if the seller has the original sales receipt to give the buyer. Look at the warranty statement. Most all the warranties I have ever seen state that the sales receipt must be with the item when going in for repair.
Just because the warranty card has never been filled out and sent does not mean its still under warranty.

Wally, N9VAO
ka4tue

Post by ka4tue »

hello, i have bought many hf transceivers under a year old. that means there is time left in the warrenty. the warrenty is only good to the original purchaser. the dealer fills in the first part of the warrenty card. the warrenty is not transferrable to any buyer. i have been through this many times. i send the radio back to the original owner, he then sends the radio to repair service for repair. the repair service returnes the radio to original owner. the original owner then ships radio back to me. i pay for all the shipping. this is a very inportant topic. i see alot of guys selling radios with warranty cards. that means nothing. if the original owner does not agree to send it back for the second buyer. if you buy a radio for a gift for someone. you must put this radio in his or her name, and you better have a call sign. thanks for reading. MERRY CHRISTMAS. ka4tue