Geeze...this SMELLS like a scam ---

Discussion of ways to help ensure a safe trade, so you don't get ripped-off. Do not discuss individuals here. Use the Feedback Forum instead.
K9FI

Geeze...this SMELLS like a scam ---

Post by K9FI »

NOTE: I just sent an email to N0SA at the email address listed in the calsign lookup -- we'll see if this is 'real' or another attempted scam

Dear Jim Fonte K9FI,

You have received a response to your ad, titled "FS: PC133S memory for IBM T23 Laptops", that you have running on the QTH.COM Free Ham Radio Classified Ads.

The response is from:

Name: LAWRENCE NAUMANN
Callsign: N0SA
E-mail: law_na001@yahoo.co.uk

The response is:

How are you all doing over there?
I am lawrence from saint louis MO ,I'm right now in spain because my wife is from Spain and i see the business of Ham Radio equipment is really moving well here so i decide i will need to get some equipment import here from the state and i can set up a business that's why am contacting you about the item you listed for sale ,i will like to know the last price you will sell it to me ,and i will like to let you know that the shipping of the item is not a problem i have contacted a shipping company here and they are international shipper so they will be handling my shipping arrangement.
And aslo i will like you to know that i make payment via money order or cashier cheque that you will be able to draw from any bank in usa .
So if my offer is ok by you i will like you to email me this listed infomation below ::

LAST PRICE YOU WILL SELL THE ITEM TO ME ::::

NAME THAT THE CHEQUE OR MO WILL BE PAYABLE TO::::

ADDRESS WHERE CHEQUE OR MO WILL BE MAIL TO ::::

CONTACT TELEPHONES NUMBERS ::::

HOME PHONE#
OFFICE PHONE#
CELL PHONE #

WAITING TO HEAR FROM YOU .
REGARDS,
LAWRENCE NAUMANN
N0SA

--------------------------------------------------------
For your reference, here is a copy of the ad you are responding to:

Listing Number: 494833
Date Ad was Placed: 10/16/05

:roll:
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

I get a few of those a week , even on listings that clearly state "WANTED" , (i.e. I am not even selling stuff). There are many rip off artists in the world , its a shame...
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
W4PIG

Post by W4PIG »

I GOT SOME OF THE SAME EMAILS. WELL I CAN NOT SAY WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO DO TO THIS LOW LIFE SCUM SUCKERS BUT YOU GOT THE IDEA :evil: :e
vil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: ITS A SHAMED WE HAVE TO PUT UP WITH THIS CRAP.
K9FI

Post by K9FI »

Well Folks...as I said, I sent an email to the "real" N0SA --- we'll see what HE says!

:wink:

Jim, K9FI
K9FI

Email from the REAL N0SA!

Post by K9FI »

Thanks for the information Larry --- I will post this on QTH.com --- just trying to keep my eyes open to these pr*cks!

73!
Jim, K9FI

Larry Naumann wrote:

IT'S A SCAM
I AM THE REAL LARRY NAUMANN AND THE RESPONSE IS NOT FROM ME ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Fonte, K9FI" <k9fi@comcast.net>
To: <n0sa@charter.net>
Sent: Monday, October 17, 2005 7:58 AM
Subject: Are you the "real" N0SA?

I received this this morning - is this you?

So there you have it folks -- another sorry SoB exposed --- what I wouldn't give for 15 minutes alone with these SCAMMERS!

:twisted:
:wink: