JUST A HEADS UP ON BUYING USED HAM GEAR!

Discussion of ways to help ensure a safe trade, so you don't get ripped-off. Do not discuss individuals here. Use the Feedback Forum instead.
w2ass

JUST A HEADS UP ON BUYING USED HAM GEAR!

Post by w2ass »

Hello all! Some of you know me, Some don't, Some like my call, Some don't
So let's just stay with the topic, In buying used gear, Ask for photos of the item being sold, ask seller to send more than 1 photo. If any of you saw the items i have on my web site for sale, I put up more than 1 photo so the buyer sees what he is getting. If the seller can not send photos 1st"warning" most hams have cell that takes photos, or pda or digital camera or web cam. so thier is always of taken photo. 2nd dont pay for anything with out using paypal. If buyer wont take paypal for payment dont buy it. I rather use paypal for all items i sell.
These is how i protect my self from being taken in on a scam. any body that has a paypal account knows what i mean. you need a credit card, checking account for paypal. and paypal verifies this info with bank and credit card company, its a safer way to buy used ham gear. Im not tellinh you all what to do, just trying to help some of you from being scamed in the future..
you can read my feed back on ebay!! user name w2ass most honest people will have a credit card and checking account. people that are in the buisness of scaming hams do not have credit card or checking account. they dont want any paper trails behind to be used that might be able to track them down. anyway thats my 2 cents worth.. 73

ps: I dont know if you guys bought these items here on fox site or not. but maybe thier is a way to get paypal service put on this site? ka9fox? how about that? is thier away to do this? To try to protect users of this site? like i said i dont know if these scammers are using this site or not, but it might be something to look into?
Rafael Diaz
www.w2ass.com
member or former member of
W2rc
Yccc
Sera
ARRL
10-ten 60608
Vaga-bond 454
w2ass@w2ass.com
dont let cw die
K4ICL

I don't think so...

Post by K4ICL »

These is how i protect my self from being taken in on a scam. any body that has a paypal account knows what i mean. you need a credit card, checking account for paypal. and paypal verifies this info with bank and credit card company, its a safer way to buy used ham gear. Im not tellinh you all what to do, just trying to help some of you from being scamed in the future..
Folks, PLEASE read the PayPal terms and conditions! You are at risk any time a PayPal CREDIT CARD purchase is made from you. If a buyer decides to cancel the deal after you send him the goods, he just has to notify the credit card company that the goods are unsatisfactory, the credit card company takes back the funds from PayPal and PayPal takes back the funds from YOUR BANK or your CREDIT CARD account without even notifying you. You are left without the goods and without the funds. Why? Because PayPal will not take the loss--you will.

Check it out for yourself. Do your own research. READ the terms and conditions. Dig around the Internet using Google or your favorite search service. There are many accounts of "PayPal Problems" available .

K4ICL
w2ass

Re: I don't think so...

Post by w2ass »

K4ICL wrote:
Folks, PLEASE read the PayPal terms and conditions! You are at risk any time a PayPal CREDIT CARD purchase is made from you. If a buyer decides to cancel the deal after you send him the goods, he just has to notify the credit card company that the goods are unsatisfactory, the credit card company takes back the funds from PayPal and PayPal takes back the funds from YOUR BANK or your CREDIT CARD account without even notifying you. You are left without the goods and without the funds. Why? Because PayPal will not take the loss--you will.

Check it out for yourself. Do your own research. READ the terms and conditions. Dig around the Internet using Google or your favorite search service. There are many accounts of "PayPal Problems" available .

K4ICL
Yes Please do your own research people : Better yet call your credit card company today in fact and ask them how you can cancel a charge on your credit card. They will tell you they have to get intouch with the merchant first. They will not under any circumstance just give you back your money because of what you say. how are they to know if your ltelling the truth?

they will in every case notify the merchant first paypal, paypal will send you a notice about this you have 10 days to responed.

if you did not use paypal and you bought such item from a store. they will contact store.

if this was the case every ham would have brand new ham gear from HRO, AES, etc.. beacuse they all sell used gear! and as all used gear is listed "as
is"

I would like to ask k4icl if he has in fact a paypal account or if in fact he has ever caneled a credit card charge in the last year, where the credit card company just gave him back his money, just because he said the product was
unsatisfactory? have you dont this your self?
Rafael Diaz
www.w2ass.com
member or former member of
W2rc
Yccc
Sera
ARRL
10-ten 60608
Vaga-bond 454
w2ass@w2ass.com
dont let cw die
OK1RP

PayPal transfers

Post by OK1RP »

Hi guys,

interesting to read what You said already > but be note that any time You are using the PayPal or another system like that You are in risky with Your funds...

When I am buying the goods and will send funds thru PayPal then I can believe only that my partner on the other side will send me the goods. Otherwise he will not shipp the goods untill the funds not arrived on his acount...so what is worse?

What I can recommend? Hard to tell but as most of inteligence agencies doing > as much as possible informations about your partner for business first...!

Good luck,

Petr Ourednik, OK1RP

BTW: Great references goes from me to Ken, K9VT for example.