Sound to good to be true? If so run don't walk away

Discussion of ways to help ensure a safe trade, so you don't get ripped-off. Do not discuss individuals here. Use the Feedback Forum instead.
wr0t

Sound to good to be true? If so run don't walk away

Post by wr0t »

I attended a large Hamfest Sat. and I have been looking for a mint Ten-Tec Jupiter and there was one there but not quite what I was looking for.

I had a lot of my station pictures laying out on my table and I noticed one was missing when I left, no big deal. They had my rubber stamp imprint on the back.

Well, today Sunday I get a phone call from a fellow that seaid he heard at the fest that I was looking for some Ten-Tec stuff and he had this mint Jupiter that he wanted to sell cause he was afraid his wife would find the CC bill next month.

That was Bell # 1
#2 Was when I asked him for his call and ssid that it had not arrived yet
#3 Had to have only a USPS money order for 800.00 ( way too cheap )
#4 Wanted the MO mailed to his work address so his wife would not find out.
#5 Said he did not have the box, wife had thrown it out ( thought wife did not know about it)
#6 I asked for his phone number so I could call him back on my free cell phone plan and save him the money.
#7 Said he was on a pay phone so guess what? Yep, did not want wife to find out.

Well, I was less than polite to this jerk right before I hung up on him, and yes his caller ID number was blocked....

What a jerk.......
Proud to Fly the Flag Long Before Was Popular