DO NOT Send Pic of Buyer's Call Sign!

Discussion of ways to help ensure a safe trade, so you don't get ripped-off. Do not discuss individuals here. Use the Feedback Forum instead.
W3ATT

DO NOT Send Pic of Buyer's Call Sign!

Post by W3ATT »

It just dawned on me. I was selling a HF rig here on swap.qth. A prospective buyer quickly emailed and said he would take it at my price. Then he asked me, for protection of scammers, to take a picture of the radio with his call sign "very close to the radio."

I said sure - (he probably wanted to make sure that I still had the radio and I was not scamming him.)

In reality, he was trying to get a pic of the radio with a call sign so that he could post it (as if it was his,) and scam someone else.

What saved me was this:

I was not home so I phoned my wife and asked her to take the pic. I specifically asked her to write: "Sold to Lloyd W7SAO." And she wrote it on the original paper which had my own call sign on it:
1063813997940250843-account_id=1.jpg
I never heard from this scammer again.

Please share this Info!!! On QRZ forums as well!!!

73 -Brian W3ATT
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
W3ATT

Re: DO NOT Send Pic of Buyer's Call Sign!

Post by W3ATT »

By the way, I am in no way implicating that Lloyd is the actual scammer.. I have no doubt that his account was hacked .. If anybody knows Lloyd, please let him know!