Bogus cashier checks????

Discussion of ways to help ensure a safe trade, so you don't get ripped-off. Do not discuss individuals here. Use the Feedback Forum instead.
VE3GOP

Bogus cashier checks????

Post by VE3GOP »

Hi guys....
I've heard in the past of people from overseas trying to buy stuff in the US and sending bogus checks for more than the asking price of the equipment.
In a way, I was a little envious that I have never got such emails or checks.....until today. I got two emails and can you guys confirm this for me? One email deals with a set of MCX100 radios I'm trying to sell and the other deals with the repeater that I sold over a year ago. Here it goes:

hello seller
iam intrested in your item so i will like to no the actual price and and i will used cashier to pay you ok so i will like toread from you
thanks........

and the other:

Hello,
i am willing to purcahse your ( items )and i want you to tell me the present condition of it, i want you to give me the last asking price , my mode of payment lays on certified cashier''s check drawn in U.S funds and i will handling the shipping. Because i have shipper who will be coming for the pick up....
Thanks..

Any ideas?
73s Alex VE3GOP
vy 73s

Alex VE3GOP
N6AYW

Post by N6AYW »

If it sounds too good to be true, guess what?

These are both scams.