No PayPal, No Purchase

Discussion of ways to help ensure a safe trade, so you don't get ripped-off. Do not discuss individuals here. Use the Feedback Forum instead.
N0JR

No PayPal, No Purchase

Post by N0JR »

For safe trading, do nut buy from anyone not willing to extend the same protections to you that he wants for himself. No PayPal? No Purchase; keep listing those Kenwood transceivers for the next 50 years.
Don't buy or sell to ANYONE you don't have good reason to trust. Trust is earned, not demanded.
K1HMS

Re: No PayPal, No Purchase

Post by K1HMS »

I agree 100%. I passed up a couple of rigs I would have bought because of "PayPal" not accepted. I gave in and bought a BY-1 key with a USPS MO, never again. I had to go to the post office and get the MO, I paid for it, I paid the priority mail with tracking to send it, I waited for it to arrive at the seller's QTH. The buyer had my money and then took 8 days to ship.... and the cash to the USPS for the MO isn't the same as a invoice to the seller comes tax time which affects me.
Never again. PayPal or a "meet and pay"

PayPal is 2.9% +$0.30, 3 bucks per $100, and say what you want having a "middle man" handle the cash has some merit.
Hamilton K1HMS (formerly AB1YE)
k0ivk57

Post by k0ivk57 »

You can use whatever bully tactics You want, I DO NOT use Pay Pal.
Only once did I fall for that... I had an item I was advertising and a ham in Brazil wanted it.
He said the ways to send money to the states was limited.
I opened an account just to receive His payment and since I had the account I allowed another stateside ham to pay that way too.
I intended to just get a check and close the account.
I could not believe the hassle I had, trying to get MY MONEY from PayPal.
They said they couldn't issue a check to me until I let them have my Bank Account info to verify my account.
Finally I called customer service in an attempt to find out other ways I could "verify my account".
After being switched to one person after another, I finally found a supervisor who agreed to issue a check, closing my account.
NEVER AGAIN !!!
w4sox

Post by w4sox »

Yeah I was just dealing with someone and they gave me a bunch of reasons why they wont use paypal. 2000.00 txn for a Flex 6300 + ATU and wanted me to wire the money to a Canadian bank with an account that doesnt match their name

When I balked he lowered the price to 1800.00 ......... Now I knew it was a scam.