Another Spammer on QTH.com: anjela_autos@yahoo.com

Discussion of ways to help ensure a safe trade, so you don't get ripped-off. Do not discuss individuals here. Use the Feedback Forum instead.
vk2uw

Another Spammer on QTH.com: anjela_autos@yahoo.com

Post by vk2uw »

I had a reply to an add on QTH.com.
This is the email response to my add, this is the reply:
Dear Chris Wright VK2UW,

You have received a response to your ad, titled "Butternut Butterfly Antenna", that you have running on the QTH.COM Free Ham Radio Classified Ads.

The response is from:

Name: Anjela
Callsign: 000
E-mail: anjela_autos@yahoo.com

The response is:

Hello,
i am interested in buying your (ANTENNAS - HF) so i will be so glad if you could sell it to me.I will like to know the present condition of it with the last price..so expecting to hear from you latest today..Thanks

I then checked Google and put in the details and the below is what came up.

[ Horses for Sale ]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by critter () on 31-Jan-05 04:46 PM AEST
To reply to this advertisement email christy4a69@hotmail.com

Sent : Monday, 31 January 2005 12:33:25 AM
To : christy4a69@hotmail.com
Subject : horse

Hello,My name is Anjela.I am highly interested in buying your (horse).i will be very glad if you can sell it to me.My mode of payment is a via cashier cheque so i will like to know the last price you are collecting for your (horse).I will like to see the pics and to know the present condition but if you cant get me the pics i will like to know the present condition of it also shipping arrangment would be made with a reliable and capable shipping company who can handle the shippment...Send me the following details with the last price so that i can send you the cheque immediately.Waiting for your quickiest respond..

I JUST WANT TO WARN EVERYONE SELLING HORSES ON PETLINK AND OTHER CLASSIFIEDS!! THIS IS AN EMAIL FROM AN 'OVER SEAS' BUYER AND I ENQUIRED AND EVERYONE I KNOW TELLS ME ITS BOGUS!!! DO NOT GET CAUGHT!!! TELL THEM IF THEY WANT YOUR HORSE YOU WNAT THE CASH IN HAND FIRST AND DONT GIVE CHANGE OR SEND MONEY TO SHIPPING COMPANIES!!! THANKS EVERTONE FOR THEIR ADVISE ON THE MATTER!!
CHRISTY
Chris Wright
VK2UW