Scamming a Nigerian Scammer

Discussion of ways to help ensure a safe trade, so you don't get ripped-off. Do not discuss individuals here. Use the Feedback Forum instead.
wy4j

Scamming a Nigerian Scammer

Post by wy4j »

This is what I did last summer when I say home nursing a broken leg.

This is a scammer posing as a English ham. One change they have done lately is that they assume the identity of a British ham who does not have an email address listed on QRZ.com. This way you are unable to alert the individual via email. They will also open an email address for themselves using the ham's call letters.

This person is trying to sell me an Ameritron QSK-5 switch. I'm still waiting for his response once he finds out that I did not need his switch. Begin reading from the bottom of this posting and work your way up.

Ed
WY4J

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is my last email to him:

I'm sorry my friend but I just got my 300US refunded from Western Union. Advice your wife not to go there anymore. Besides, my friends Willie Wonka and Umpa Lumpa looked at my equipment and told me that I did not need the QSK-5 and that my radio already had a flux capacitor and could generate 2.1 gigawatts. So I do not have to spend the extra 300US to contact my son Tommy Lee Jones and his wife Jamie Lee Curtis where he is stationed at the Sea of Tranquility. Sorry for all the trouble I put you through. Good luck selling it.

Robert Ed Lee, general retired, CSA

-----Original Message-----
To: wy4j <wy4j>
Sent: Sat, Aug 11, 2012 11:31 am
Subject: Re: Ameritron QSK-5 for sale
Am not trying to play game with you, Have been calling my wife on phone but she's busy at the meeting, I just want to confirm from her about the payment. I have already call and mail the shipping company for shipment of your Ameritron QSK-5 with manual, I have package Ameritron QSK-5 with manual for shipment just waiting for confirmation from my wife so i can make payment for shipment. I will get back to you with shipping details and tracking number once she has confirm the payment. Have a nice weekend.

---- On Sat, 11 Aug 2012 05:13:40 -0700 <wy4j> wrote ----

I have not heard back from you. Did you receive the 300US? D-----Original Message-----
id your wife go to the Western Union in person? I think you are playing games. I will be going to the office in person this morning and request a refund.
Robert Ed Lee, general retired CSA

Sent: Fri, Aug 10, 2012 5:34 pm

I have track this money online but is still not available for pick up. kindly scan the slip copy of payment details to me.

---- On Fri, 10 Aug 2012 09:33:27 -0700 <wy4j> wrote ----

John,
Sorry, I was one digit off. I'm, old and this happens when I don't put on my reading glasses. Please contact me as soon as your wife arrives at the Western Union offices.

Sender: Robert "Ed" Lee, gen retired CSA
Receiver: Anna Firko
MTCN - 485-037-4734

I am very concerned. Let me know as soon as she arrive at the Western Union offices.
Sent: Fri, Aug 10, 2012 9:33 am

I just send the payment information to my wife now and she said the money is not available for pick up. can you check the MTCN again and send me the payment slip for confirmation so i can forward the payment slip to her.

---- On Fri, 10 Aug 2012 05:48:55 -0700 <wy4j> wrote ----

John,

Thank you, the money is on its way.
300US
Receiver: Anna Firko
MTCN - 485-027-4734

Let me know when you receive it.

Regards,
Ed

Sent: Fri, Aug 10, 2012 1:53 am

I will want you to make the payment to my wife which she's also in USA right now for a seminal, which she need some money to take care of herself and make payment for some document of the seminal before coming over to UK. I will want you to send the money to her via western union once i receive the payment details from you, I will forward the payment details to her so she can pick up the money at any western union outlet close to her. Once she receive and confirm the payment i will start processing with shipment and i will make payment for postage and get back to you with shipping details and tracking number.

I have confirmed your complete shipping address. Item: Ameritron QSK-5 with manual, will now be ship to Name: Jeffrey Dahmer's, Address: 1525 Big Bird Blvd. Muppettown, FL 31555 USA as i will be shipping via Fedex courier and you will receive your items on 3-4 working days delivery immediately after payment. Kindly proceed with payment via Western Union Money Transfer with the below information -

Full Names: ANNA FIRKO
Address: 6976 S.Evening glow PL, Gold Canyon, AZ 85118 USA.
Amount to send: $ 300USD

E-mail to me the below information from your Western Union payment receipt to enable me confirm and receive your payment so I can as well pay for postage

Sender's Name:
Address:
MTCN(10 Digit) # :
Amount sent:

I will e-mail to you tracking # and other shipping information once I receive and confirm your payment.

---- On Thu, 09 Aug 2012 06:25:10 -0700 <wy4j> wrote ----

Thank you very much for sending me the manual. Yes, it will work with my Atari 2600 system. Please advice how you would like me to remit the 300US to you.

Please ship the QSK-5 to the following address.
Jeffrey Dahmer's All You Can Eat Restaurant
1525 Big Bird Blvd.
Muppettown, FL 31555

This is my work address I am here most of the day so is much easier for the shipper.

Please provide me with your mailing information.

Thank you,
Ed

Sent: Wed, Aug 8, 2012 11:33 pm

here is the ameritron qsk-5 manual downloaded for you.

---- On Wed, 08 Aug 2012 14:25:26 -0700 <wy4j> wrote ----

John,

I'm sorry but I need to look at the manual with the schematics or I will have to say no to the sale. I know you are giving me a great deal but I cannot take the chance of buying something I cannot use. Please go to the Ameritron website, download the manual and email it to me.

Sent: Wed, Aug 8, 2012 4:37 pm

I will include the Ameritron QSK-5 original manual when shipping the rig to you. Awaiting your full shipping details.

---- On Wed, 08 Aug 2012 12:13:37 -0700 <wy4j> wrote ----

Thanks for the great pictures. Is a very nice unit. Is there a possibility that you might be able to send me a copy of the manual. I could download one from the Ameritron site but the peak reading integrated usb link on my computer dumped all the physical memory into the linear rote memorization of my USB memorization storage unit and now I cannot view or save any downloads until replace can the phone patch controller. I need to check the schematic to see if the QSK-5 will interface with the Atari 2600 unit in this system. I'm sure it is as most QSK-5 interface with the Commodore 64.

Sorry for asking for so much info but although you are giving a great deal I hate to buy this and not be able to use it.

Ed
Sent: Wed, Aug 8, 2012 11:01 am

The QSK-5 come with the optional flux capacitor and it can withstand generate the 1.21 gigawatts. kindly check the attached pictures for more details. Get back to me with your full shipping details for shipment.

---- On Wed, 08 Aug 2012 07:02:18 -0700 <wy4j> wrote ----

Hi John,

How is the weather in England today? I hope you are enjoying all the Olympic festivities. I hope to take my wife and 27 grandchildren somewhere on a vacation but I don't know what city to visit yet... Although my wife is currently down with a cold, and my grandson who is in the U.S Navy just got back from Afghanistan but is currently serving in the Sea of Tranquility under the command of Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin.

I am so happy you are willing to part with it for just $300. This is a very fair price as these units go for much more new but I need the following option on the switch. Do you know if this QSK-5 also come with the optional flux capacitor? Also is this unit able to withstand and generate the 1.21 gigawatts as this the maximum amount my QRP amplifier generates with .20 milliwatts of input. The QSK-5 needs to conform to these specifications or I would not be able to contact to my son when he is aboard the CSA Hunley on patrol at the Sea of Tranquility.

Let me know asap .

Ed

Sent: Wed, Aug 8, 2012 9:13 am
Ameritron QSK-5 2.5KW High-Speed Transmit / Receive Switch
Never Used, Mint - In Original Shipping Box.

Up for sale is an Ameritron QSK-5, high-speed T/R switch, never used (upgraded to solid state amp), new in box.

This self-contained T/R switch uses electronic PIN diode switching to give you fast QSK operation from nearly any HF linear amplifier.
The QSK-5 lets you use your linear amplifier for high power QSK CW, for packet, AMTOR and any mode requiring extremely fast switching between transmit and receive. Reduces excessive heating due to unwanted power dissipation. Helps extend the life of your amplifier, prevent TVI, RFI, key clicks, "hot switching" and possible severe damage to your amplifier's finals and other critical components.

Handles 2500 Watts PEP and 2000 Watts CW in normal amateur service when SWR is below 1.5:1.
Handles 750 Watts on continuous carrier modes such as RTTY, SSTV, and FM.
Uses positive voltage keying up to +25 Volts.

Comes with power cord & instruction manual. I am asking 300USD plus insured shipping to you.

---- On Wed, 08 Aug 2012 04:13:33 -0700 <wy4j> wrote ----

Yes, I am very interested. Do you have one for sale?

His first email to me:

Cc: wy4j <wy4j>
Sent: Wed, Aug 8, 2012 4:42 am
Subject: Ameritron QSK-5 for sale

I saw your wanted AD on Ameritron QSK-5. Am selling my Ameritron QSK-5 in mint working condition. inform me if you are interested in buying. Awaiting your reply.

Thanks
73's de John.