Western Union

Discussion of ways to help ensure a safe trade, so you don't get ripped-off. Do not discuss individuals here. Use the Feedback Forum instead.
kf6pog

Western Union

Post by kf6pog »

I have an offer from Romania from a buyer who wants to pay with Western Union. I have always thought that was safe. What are the dangers of using Western Union?
John Fitch
K9XR

it Depends

Post by K9XR »

Most here are coing to say "run from Western Union" but I have a different opinion if I am the seller. I have had instances when I have sold things to hams in Eastern Europe (including Romania) when the buyer did not have PayPal and really had no other way to pay. As the seller you don't have to ship your item until the money is in your hand from Western Union. The Buyer is taking a much bigger chance than you are because once you have the money the buyer has absolutely no recourse. The buyer has to really trust the seller and hope that they are not dealing with a crook. Unfortunately there are more and more of them out there.
K4ICL

Western Union Money Transfer

Post by K4ICL »

Agreed.

I have had several transactions from Europe with complete success.

AL
K4ICL
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Post by KA9FOX »

I think the take away here is that you can accept Western Union fine, but run like heck if someone wants you to SEND THEM money via Western Union.

OK if you are a seller.
BAD if you are a buyer.

- Scott KA9FOX