Ebay Teaser ads

This is the place to discuss the QTH.com Classifieds (http://swap.qth.com). Please be constructive.
livecam

Ebay Teaser ads

Post by livecam »

Ebay teaser ads have been appearing on QTH with increasing regularity. This kind of nonsense ruined the rec.radio.swap newsgroup years ago and thanks to a few uncultured hams the same is happening here. These ads have no place on QTH, QRZ, or Eham. If you want to sell it with ebay fine but don't waste our time here with that stuff.

K6TLA
wa4cch

Post by wa4cch »

:lol: AMEN
IF IT'S HERE OR ANYWHERE ELSE AND TELL'S ME TO GO SEE IT ON E-PAY I DON'T EVEN BOTHER
IF YOU SELL ON E-PAY STAY THERE

Last edited by wa4cch on Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
k4kk

Post by k4kk »

While I don't particularly like eBay links (other than for humorous reference) on the classified sites, you are off base with the comment about rec.radio.swap newsgroup. It was far more than eBay links that led to that destruction. It was mostly the crooks and frauds. The anonymity led to gross fraud and scamming. THAT was the main problem.
livecam

rec.radio.swap

Post by livecam »

Its all about an individual's perception. I hadn't considered the issues of fraud and annonymity...the teaser ads are what wrecked that board for me.

K6TLA
KA9FOX
Site Admin

eBay listings

Post by KA9FOX »

I'm in the process of a major rewrite of the classifieds, and I am definitely working on the eBay situation. There may be a way to include eBay listings for those that want them, and to eliminate them for those that do not, simply by setting a preference one time.

More to come... and your opinions will be sought when the time comes! Thanks for your patience.

- Scott KA9FOX
Free Ham Radio Classified Ads: https://swap.QTH.com