KK4WS@arrl.net - not a trustful seller.... beware....

This is the place to discuss the QTH.com Classifieds (http://swap.qth.com). Please be constructive.
k7ejs

KK4WS@arrl.net - not a trustful seller.... beware....

Post by k7ejs »

I just bought 2 radios from the person.... both were missing key parts... after telling me the entire radio was complete.

Seems that one radio was missing the FTS-8 board.... I later found out that it was also being sold on this board. Seller 's promises were all untrue. If this seller wants to make good... he should contact me and send me the missing FTS-8 Card. Otherwise... buyer beware of this seller....

:shock:
K7EJS
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Post by KA9FOX »

I take it you have contacted the seller prior to posting negative feedback? If so, what was his response?

- Scott
KK4WS

Post by KK4WS »

I'm not going to get into a posting war here... you can see my reputation below. I've ALWAYS been an honest and ham and always will be.

I sent him EXACTLY what I advertised. The tone board is an extra feature - it's true I've had a couple of the tone boards and sold them.

Even though I've done EXACTLY what I advertised, and don't like being bullied like this - I've offered to refund his purchase.
k7ejs

KK4WS

Post by k7ejs »

Yes I contacted the seller and he replied that he would think about it and would let me know.... yet never did. Only after a month of asking him questions on the validity of his claims in advertizing of the radios. And only after he saw my rant did he even address an email to me.

Here are the facts...

One radio was missing the tone card (he promised that the radio was fully operational for repeater use). Then he goes online a week later selling the Tone Card - two to be exact. I opened the radio and there was no tone card as well as the factory peice that Yaesu installs in the radio. You need to remove that peice to install the tone card. So yes there was a tone card in that radio at one time. And yes.. it probably worked fully then.

Second radio was total DOA on arrive from a transmit prospective. Along with a damaged mic. I asked him about both... Seller say he doesnt remember how the mic switches even work.. but the radio and mic worked fully when he had it? Hmmmmmm.....

I had a bad experience with this seller.... all I asked of him was he help me out and try to make amends somehow. Thats a honest and sincere person. Unfortunetly if it can happen to me, it may happen to others.... I am just trying to warn others...

I asked seller to help fix the situation after just reciving his email.... I am fully offering a full retraction if he can help fix this situation and prove me wrong....I welcome it.
K7EJS
KK4WS

Post by KK4WS »

This is my last post - I'm not going to get into a posting war. My reputation speaks for itself.

I delivered EXACTLY what I advertised and pictured. The tone board was an add on - and not in the rig. He expects me to reimburse him for one he bought and that is unreasonable. I offered to refund his money - but that's not good enough.

I offered to refund his money on the 2 meter rig, even though it worked when it left here. Things happen and I will refund it.

I've emailed him. I guess there was a misunderstanding on the correspondence - I was waiting on a reply from him.

I'm sure he's a good man and ham - this is an unfortunate experience for both of us. I value my name and reputation and have always worked hard to protect it.

KK4WS