Tire Kickers

This is the place to discuss the QTH.com Classifieds (http://swap.qth.com). Please be constructive.
n5wrx

Re: Tire Kickers

Post by n5wrx »

"What is the least you will take for it" asked before any other question about condition or installed options.
If that is their first question ... it is their last!
w0bkr

Post by w0bkr »

I hear that. I love the "seriously interested, what payment do you accept". All of which means nothing.
I agree with he who gets the money here, gets the item, else it remains for sale. Low ballers are a real pain in the ass. List something that is below market value and they hit you up with basically donating the gear to them. Any buyers out there looking at shipping costs? Likely no. I am very fair with shipping and usually eat a lot of it, not to mention buying a good shipping box and padding which also is not cheap.

If you really can't afford the listed price, look elsewhere like Ebay and the sellers there will pad the shipping to make up for the lower then desired sale price.

No tolerance for tire kickers and less for low ballers. :idea:
w0bkr

Post by w0bkr »

Another I encounter are the jerks that say they want to buy it, will you take PP. You tell them yes and send them your info. Then they come back "will look up reviews on it and get back to you" which translates into "here hold my spot in the check out line, I have to look for something". Summary, they have no funds to purchase anything with, are jerks to start with that they cannot do their research first before making a verbal contract with a seller. I never take them seriously. If someone shows up in the meantime actually paying for the item, then it is sorry Charlie, only the best tasting Tuna. They lose out. Don't whine later that someone sold it out from under you. Your own fault.
wa8mea

Post by wa8mea »

x
Last edited by wa8mea on Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
w0bkr

Post by w0bkr »

Then then there are the losers to post stuff for sale, you offer to purchase, no response, repeat your contact with them, no response then after hours later, state they never got your email or some lame ass line like that and in the mean time sell it, even though you stated you would buy less then 10 minutes after posting. Really getting tired of these lame ass posters. Will start either buying new or via ebay.
w0bkr

Post by w0bkr »

Not a tire kicker but more likely just a jerk. KC5MN posted item for sale, I saw it pop up almost immediately on QRZ. Responded I would buy it, send me the PP info. Nothing. An hour or so later, replied again, both to contact sender on the post and via his Email. No response. 3rd time, likewise, then it is marked sold. Never once did this inconsiderate op reply, tell me he sold the item, etc. I never do that myself. I know people are looking for items and sometimes cannot respond to two sellers committing until one responds. This person never responded once. So, on the list to avoid in the future. My friends told me something is just not right with this guy. Whatever, I am out of no money, just time.