Some tips for sellers.

This is the place to discuss the QTH.com Classifieds (http://swap.qth.com). Please be constructive.
N2ZD

Some tips for sellers.

Post by N2ZD »

1. If nobody wants your item the first few times, try a novel thing and lower your price. I've seen the same ads for the past 5 weeks with the same price taking up bandwidth. Get the hint, lower the price on your ceramic filter (Yaesu sells them new for 30-40 bucks btw) or throw it in the trash or back in the junk drawer because nobody wants it for your asking price especially when its double the price of a new one fresh from the manufacturer.

2. Stop making a pig of yourself and pushing your ad to the top every day, most hams peruse the ads until they see the ads they saw the day before, so don't worry, your item will be seen. If you find yourself doing this, see tip number one.

3. When you place an ad, hit the button once.. More than once yields more than one ad for the same thing making you look dopey and nobody wants to buy from a dope.

4. Spell check your ad, I don't know what an "undella" is and I've never heard of a duel bander. If you can't spell, have your mom place the ad for you.

5. Believe it or not, its not that rare, be realistic.

6. Stop telling us your wife forced you to sell it, that make you look like a Sissy Mary and nobody likes a sissy.

7. There is no need to make 57 ads for 57 connectors, try making one or two ads with each item listed within the ad, divided nicely, properly titled and tastefully done. Other people like to list their stuff here and there is no need for 17 pages of your crusty junk pushing their ad back to 2009.

8. Go back and read number one.

Happy New Year and please print this and hang it in your shack for future reference.
K4ICL

To learn what not to do...

Post by K4ICL »

Check out the suggestions offered at:

http://k4icl.com/adsdontwork.htm
Cheers,

AL
K4ICL
KA9MOT

Re: To learn what not to do...

Post by KA9MOT »

K4ICL wrote:Check out the suggestions offered at:

http://k4icl.com/adsdontwork.htm
Very Informative! Thank You!

Now, does Manuel come with this rig? The wife said if I get a rig I needed to get a Manuel with it.......I wonder what she's up too........ :lol:
Steve - KA9MOT
N2ZD

Post by N2ZD »

K4ICL sales a manuel simular to his website when his wife lets him. He charge 3% if you uze paypal.. :?
KA9MOT

Post by KA9MOT »

N2ZD wrote:K4ICL sales a manuel simular to his website when his wife lets him. He charge 3% if you uze paypal.. :?
4. Spell check your ad, I don't know what an "undella" is and I've never heard of a duel bander. If you can't spell, have your mom place the ad for you.
Fixed that for you.

K4ICL sells a manuel simular to his website when his wife lets him. He charges 3% if you use paypal.. :?
Last edited by KA9MOT on Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve - KA9MOT
K9XR

Post by K9XR »

I think someone else sells a manual similar to that one also.

KA9MOT wrote:
N2ZD wrote:K4ICL sales a manuel simular to his website when his wife lets him. He charge 3% if you uze paypal.. :?[/quote

Fixed that for you.

K4ICL sells a manuel simular to his website when his wife lets him. He charges 3% if you use paypal.. :?