I'm more then a little concerned and need advice.

This is the place to discuss the QTH.com Classifieds (http://swap.qth.com). Please be constructive.
KA9MOT

I'm more then a little concerned and need advice.

Post by KA9MOT »

I sold one of my Icom IC-207Hes to a Ham in Poland. He requested insurance for $40 and declared value of $40. He payed me via PayPal and I shipped the radio. Communication has been sparse at best between us.

He claims he has not received the radio every time I send him an email asking. There is no confirmation number because the gal at the post office said it was a waste of money as the Postal Service would be unable to track it once it left the US.

I do have the insurance stub, but it is only insured for $40 per buyers request.

Now when I email him, I get no response from him. I suspect that the rig my be tied up in Customs...but with no communication from him, I don't know what is going on over there.

And my big fear is that the radio is stolen of lost.......

Does anybody have any idea what I should do next?
Steve - KA9MOT
K9XR

Shipment to Poland

Post by K9XR »

I have shipped several radios to Poland and I have found out that they have about the slowest mail going. Unless it has been over 30 days, there is probably no need for concern yet. I don't know what the radio is worth, but I sure hope it wasn't shipped at a reduced value to help the SP pay less VAT. I don't think the post office will consider an insurance claim until it has been shipped for 30m days.

I assume you used Priority? While it is true that is doesn't track very well it is better than nothing. If you are able to print your priority labels on-line the delivery confirmation is free. It at least tells you when it leaves the country and when it enters and leaves foreign Customs, and of course when and if it was delivered.
KA9MOT

Post by KA9MOT »

Well, I've not heard from him so I can only assume he got the radio. Thanks for your advice.
Steve - KA9MOT