How do you all feel about this!!

This is the place to discuss the QTH.com Classifieds (http://swap.qth.com). Please be constructive.
Locked
lhk0pd
Posts: 715
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:01 pm
Location: dodge city kansas
Contact:

How do you all feel about this!!

Post by lhk0pd » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:16 pm

I have a couple of Radios for sale and have had some contacts on them but nothing firm. But what bugs me is those who enquire and you give them the info they asked, and rather than them reply with a simple sorry not what i was hoping for or words along those lines they just do not contact you any more. I understand that by them not getting back with me in a reasonable amount of time that their not that interested, but do they not considerate it a common courtesy to simply e mail back and let you know there decision. Or am i wrong on this?
Larry Huff K0pd

W3WN
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:40 pm

Re: How do you all feel about this!!

Post by W3WN » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:16 pm

K0pd wrote:I have a couple of Radios for sale and have had some contacts on them but nothing firm. But what bugs me is those who enquire and you give them the info they asked, and rather than them reply with a simple sorry not what i was hoping for or words along those lines they just do not contact you any more. I understand that by them not getting back with me in a reasonable amount of time that their not that interested, but do they not considerate it a common courtesy to simply e mail back and let you know there decision. Or am i wrong on this?
No, you're not wrong. But that's the way it is with some tire-kickers.

They figure that you will assume that they're not interested if you don't hear from them. Of course, if you make that assumption & sell the unit to someone else, then they get upset with you for not checking with them before closing the other sale.

To these people, it's always you, it's never them, and you can't win no matter what you do.

wx1f
Posts: 257
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:45 pm

Re: How do you all feel about this!!

Post by wx1f » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:02 pm

K0pd wrote:I have a couple of Radios for sale and have had some contacts on them but nothing firm. But what bugs me is those who enquire and you give them the info they asked, and rather than them reply with a simple sorry not what i was hoping for or words along those lines they just do not contact you any more. I understand that by them not getting back with me in a reasonable amount of time that their not that interested, but do they not considerate it a common courtesy to simply e mail back and let you know there decision. Or am i wrong on this?
How about the drones that say they sent you a money order and it never arrives. Then they tell you they sent another money order...and IT never arrives! Then, after wasting three or four weeks of your time, when asked to scan their reciepts and email you the scan...they disappear...never to be seen or heard from again.

KB3RPE
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:39 pm
Location: W PA

Re: How do you all feel about this!!

Post by KB3RPE » Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:26 am

wx1f wrote:
K0pd wrote:I have a couple of Radios for sale and have had some contacts on them but nothing firm. But what bugs me is those who enquire and you give them the info they asked, and rather than them reply with a simple sorry not what i was hoping for or words along those lines they just do not contact you any more. I understand that by them not getting back with me in a reasonable amount of time that their not that interested, but do they not considerate it a common courtesy to simply e mail back and let you know there decision. Or am i wrong on this?
How about the drones that say they sent you a money order and it never arrives. Then they tell you they sent another money order...and IT never arrives! Then, after wasting three or four weeks of your time, when asked to scan their reciepts and email you the scan...they disappear...never to be seen or heard from again.
Well PayPal "Gift" solves that issue...No fess...sure no PayPal "support" & probably "bends" PP's rules but you "gets yer" money....

kg8lb
Posts: 266
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:37 pm

Post by kg8lb » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:02 pm

Or just do the honorable thing and issue a real Paypal payment. Besides, when you "gift" money, there is no protection from unscrupulous sellers. Then again, the seller who goes back on his word by requesting you to help subvert paying the legitimate fees is very likely not worthy of your trust.
OK, So where are the filters now ?

KB3RPE
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:39 pm
Location: W PA

Assumption..

Post by KB3RPE » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:13 am

kg8lb wrote:Or just do the honorable thing and issue a real Paypal payment. Besides, when you "gift" money, there is no protection from unscrupulous sellers. Then again, the seller who goes back on his word by requesting you to help subvert paying the legitimate fees is very likely not worthy of your trust.
You make such accusations & don't know me> Remember what "they say" about ASSUME...... :shock:

n5wrx
Posts: 87
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Corpus Christi, Texas
Contact:

Re: Assumption..

Post by n5wrx » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:16 am

KB3RPE wrote:
kg8lb wrote:Or just do the honorable thing and issue a real Paypal payment. Besides, when you "gift" money, there is no protection from unscrupulous sellers. Then again, the seller who goes back on his word by requesting you to help subvert paying the legitimate fees is very likely not worthy of your trust.
You make such accusations & don't know me> Remember what "they say" about ASSUME...... :shock:
Actions always speak much louder than words ... :shock: ...
If a person is willing to scam Paypal ... then that proves they will scam me if given the opportunity.

KB3RPE
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:39 pm
Location: W PA

Re: Assumption..

Post by KB3RPE » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:04 pm

n5wrx wrote:
KB3RPE wrote:
kg8lb wrote:Or just do the honorable thing and issue a real Paypal payment. Besides, when you "gift" money, there is no protection from unscrupulous sellers. Then again, the seller who goes back on his word by requesting you to help subvert paying the legitimate fees is very likely not worthy of your trust.
You make such accusations & don't know me> Remember what "they say" about ASSUME...... :shock:
Actions always speak much louder than words ... :shock: ...
If a person is willing to scam Paypal ... then that proves they will scam me if given the opportunity.

"Proves... scam me...", again you don't know me .. I have never nor will I ever "scam" anyone... (maybe you since you don't like me :lol: :wink:) You claim "proves", it Proves nothing, other than your own distrust...So, I have big shoulders...ASSume/Specualte away......as posters akin to you are wont to do............

FYI, PayPal now charges fees on ALL transactions....

"73s, Roger Roger, Over Over", as the "good" operators say....... :lol: :wink: 8)

Ciao, Arrivederci, Adios, Auf Wiedersehen, до свидания, Au Revoir....See ya' :lol: :lol:

NR7J
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:47 am

The scammer is PAYPAL

Post by NR7J » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:38 pm

Seller beware, Paypal controls your destiny.

e.g.
If you sell a radio, the buyer can swap/remove parts then file a claim with Paypal, he will get a refund and you will get a broken radio.

Don't say that, thatwill never happen to you, just continue using PAYPAL and sooner or later you'll understand my warning.

Meanwhile GOOD LUCK !

kg8lb
Posts: 266
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:37 pm

Post by kg8lb » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:33 am

Scammers hate Paypal ! Money orders are the scammer's preference ' No perfect system . Check out the huge number of folks cheated VIA money order or check before you get sucked into paying that way !


On the other hand , getting back all your money goes like this : (That is if you are an honorable person and don't resort to a fraudulent "GIFT )
Recent EBay transaction. Georgia scammer took the the payment then virtually vanished. No TX, no answers to email. Sure glad he was paid VIA Paypal ! This could have been a total loss rather than a full , easy recovery .
You don't need to do anything else.

Bay Customer Support has refunded you through PayPal and the case is closed. Jul 10, 2011 at 5:50 PM


Refund information:
We issued you a $240.00 refund to the PayPal account that you used to purchase this item. Please log in to PayPal and view the History page if you don't see it in your PayPal balance.
Final decision:
This case has been decided in your favor.
eBay Customer Support comments:
"Case closed."





This item was covered for your purchase price plus original shipping. Learn more about Shopping - opens in a new window or tab


ExpandYou have escalated the case to eBay Customer Support. Jul 10, 2011 at 5:50 PM


Your message to eBay Customer Support:
"The money was paid too long ago ! The seller has not responded . The seller will not respond. Please refund my full payment immediately"



ExpandThe seller should have responded to you.
If the seller has responded to you and you were able to work things out, please close the case. Jul 10, 2011 at 3:22 PM


ExpandeBay Customer Support has opened a case for you.The seller has 7 days to respond. Jul 03, 2011 at 3:21 PM


Details you provided:
You have not received the item
You have already contacted the seller through eBay Messages
You paid on Jun 21, 2011
The seller has not responded to you
The seller isn't working with you to solve the problem
You entered the phone number 586 xxx xxxx We will not share your phone number with the seller.
Additional information:
"Asked for shipping info twice. Seller ignored both requests, no response from seller"
You wanted:
A full refund



Johnson Ranger
View purchased item- opens in a new window or tab
Item number:280694768692

Price:$200.00

Sale date:Jun 12, 2011

PayPal transaction Id:3M2523kkkkkkkkk

Case ID:ooo0kkkkk

Case opened on:Jul 03, 2011

Seller:jasonmanns

Problem:Item not received

This item is covered by
for your purchase plus original shipping.
Learn more about Shopping - opens in a new window or tab



How does eBay Buyer Protection work?
Learn more- opens in a new window or tab about the case process and what to do next.


As a seller I can handle the remote chance of a scamming buyer ..very RARE ! They have already paid off for me when I run in to a dead beat liar / seller /

Locked