The third list of hams

This is the place to discuss the QTH.com Classifieds (http://swap.qth.com). Please be constructive.
n8cbc

The third list of hams

Post by n8cbc »

I'm sure we all keep lists of hams that are good guys to deal with, and another list of people to avoid.
But I have a third list I started some time back. Its a list of good hams, but poor communicators. Now before you guys start flaming me let me explain.

When I was first licensed some 20 years ago, I believed I was joining an elite group of communication experts. Thus, I put forth a strong effort at improving my communication skills. As it applies to this site, I am of the opinion that good communications throughout the transaction period is simply being a good ham.
To further explain.......
If I am going to sell/buy/trade something, I think I owe the other ham my attention during the period from agreed deal, through money exchange and shipment, to final arrival of goods. That is to say.......
Regular emails of..... money sent, money arrived, goods shipped, goods arrived.
But lately I have seen what appears to be an increase of missing communications.
Oh sure, I have heard the excuse, "I am to busy to hang out on a computer, or to busy to check emails every day". To that extent I say, then you should never have taken time from your busy schedule to enter into the transaction phase.
IMHO, I believe not following through with good communications during the transaction is discourteous and shows a lack of respect for the other guy.

Anyone remember the comic book hero, "The Torch" and his infamous command, "FLAME ON".....Telling my age now......
OK Flamers.......I'm ready, ........let me have it!!
K4ICL

Right on!

Post by K4ICL »

Very well said!

K4ICL
K9XR

MY THIRD LIST

Post by K9XR »

I've had my THIRD LIST for years. It consists of the DRAMA QUEENS who have the highest percentage of problems per transaction. It is pretty small but has started to get bigger recently.