Canadian Laws.Help Ontario ?

This is the place to discuss the QTH.com Classifieds (http://swap.qth.com). Please be constructive.
n4dxx

Canadian Laws.Help Ontario ?

Post by n4dxx »

Ok,Here is the deal,Not sure i have been ripped off just yet,However i made a trade with a guy in ontario,I will not go into details just yet, i am gonna give him the benifit of doubt..Anyway i shipped him an item worth 500.00 dollars and it was an even trade for an hf rig..My unit was shipped as soon as the deal was drawn up..He said he would ship his this monday..Well still no luck..Now he says it will go out today(we will see)I know i may be jumping the gun here thats why i won't disclose any details just yet..But i am not at all up to snuff on canadian laws..If he gets my package and i get nothing what do i do?I had it insured and have documented what i shipped with photo's etc..And what charges could he face?Where would i start?Is this theft by deception?Mail fraud?Or am i just SOL?Just need to know what my options are..I want to beleive he will follow thru but i have a uneasy feeling.And i do hope i am wrong for once lol..Thanks for any help
K4ICL

Wait:

Post by K4ICL »

I think what you need to do is wait until you are sure you have a problem. Shipping between Canada and the US can take up to three weeks, or more!
K4ICL
n4dxx

Post by n4dxx »

Well he keeps telling me he will ship tomorrow and seems tomorrow never comes..He hasn't shipped it yet..
KA9MOT

Post by KA9MOT »

He is probably waiting for your gear to arrive so he can make sure he won't get ripped off.

I had three guys do this to me, and one was at least honest enough to admit that that was what he was doing.

I did it to one guy because I just had a feeling......his end never did show up.

Relax, I am sure that when your end arrives, he will ship.
KA9MOT

Post by KA9MOT »

kc0rey wrote:He is probably waiting for your gear to arrive so he can make sure he won't get ripped off.

I had three guys do this to me, and one was at least honest enough to admit that that was what he was doing.

I did it to one guy because I just had a feeling......his end never did show up.

Relax, I am sure that when your end arrives, he will ship.

Whoops, just noticed the date...Well, how did it go? Update!
VE3FMC

Post by VE3FMC »

I would also like to know how this deal worked out. If you were ripped off you really need to post the call sign of the guy in Ontario so others do not get burnt by him.

If you got burnt I hope this does not make you think all Canadians are crooks. I have sold and bought ham items from people in USA and had no problems with the transactions.

Also it would be nice to know the call sign as we have an on air swap shop up here, which is also posted on the net. People who rip off others are black listed.

I hope it all worked out well for you
Rick VE3FMC
n4dxx

Post by n4dxx »

Everything worked out fine he was just slooooow shipper..Thanks :D