CLASSIFIED ADS SPELLING FUNNIES }:>)

This is the place to discuss the QTH.com Classifieds (http://swap.qth.com). Please be constructive.
kc8adu

Re: NEW ONE! }:>)

Post by kc8adu »

W4KVW wrote: MICORPHONE.

W4KVW
phone attachment for a motorola product?
ve4xt

Eye Halve a spell chequer

Post by ve4xt »

the best are the people who cant spell cant use punctuation and wouldnt no a proper sentence if it came up and bit them on the noze especially flagrant are those who wouldnt know a return key or a period or a comma or a semicolon or even a colon especially since their so full of it and of course there are those who want to sell theyre kewnood or icmo rideos for ridikolussly high prices but dont no what a runon sentence is but worst of all...

ARE ALL THE PEOPLE WHO THINK IT'S A GOOD IDEA TO TURN CAPS LOCK ON BEFORE TYPING IN THE AD.
k3ich

pick-up only....WHERE???

Post by k3ich »

Not exactly spelling, but how about the ads that state "pick-up only" and don't mention the location? Sure, a potential buyer can possibly find the address, but why make them go to the trouble when it would be so simple to add that info to the listing?
N6VMO

Post by N6VMO »

MISC - sergage potector
power var sergage potector 4.0 amp good cond. works 4 outlet back of unit 40.00 call 731 707 2947 john tn.
Listing #860871 - Submitted on 10/13/10 by Callsign NONE
:lol:
KB3RPE

GOTTA' LUV THEM ALL CAPS ADDS TWO!!!!!!!!

Post by KB3RPE »

:arrow: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :arrow:
....Says he, with "tongue in cheek".....
eric

Post by eric »

I like the ones that say "balium" or "baleen" or even "balton" instead of balun. hahaha! :lol:
K9FON
No BS ham radio for me. I don't play ham politics, i.e. code/no code, Cb vs Ham, ect, ect.
eric

Post by eric »

Whenever I see an add that has a bunch of spelling errors and bad punctuation, I pretty much assume the seller is a moron and move on. The poor sap probably has junk gear to sell along with his/her bad use of the English language. What i find really funny is most of, if not all of the bad spelling and punctuation comes from CBers.......... LOL :lol:
K9FON
No BS ham radio for me. I don't play ham politics, i.e. code/no code, Cb vs Ham, ect, ect.
eric

Re: FUNNY STUFF!

Post by eric »

[quote="W4KVW"]What is REALLY FUNNY is the emails I get back when I tell them the CORRECT spelling of YAESU & tell them there is NO SUCH thing as a YEASU or a YASUE. They have the rig & box pictured in the ad & the word YAESU plastered all over them & they still spell it YEASU or YASUE. Some of them get REALLY HUFFY but I know it's because they know just how STUPID it makes them look.They can NOT laugh at themselves along with the rest of us & want me too believe it's my fault that they can NOT spell the name of gear they are wanting to sell or buy? I usually suggest buying ICOM gear since it's MUCH EASIER too spell & more desirable to own as well but they are still so upset that they send me a nasty email or two so I get another laugh on them. I almost forgot the number of MANUELS that are listed that I'm guessing are MANUALS? }:>) }:>) }:>)

Local trader paper add. "for sale; Yahooze CB and ham radio. It work good, no mike, but it has manuel. does good whats out 100 whattts $350.00. "
K9FON
kg8lb

Re: RE:NICHOLAS(KM5FL)?

Post by kg8lb »

KM5FL wrote:to my collection... What's the matter?? You can't take as good as you give??

Poor poor grammar is just as bad as poor spelling. It's pretty obvious from the post I'm quoting, and a couple others you have made in your thread that not only can you not take what you dish out, you also don't know how to spell. You quite obviously have a chip on you shoulder and an axe to grind.. Are you in such a pitiful state that the only method of getting attention you have is to criticize others?? That's not humorous, that's sad..

KM5FL
"Poor grammar is just as bad as poor spelling"
Redundant punctuation marks are bad form as well.
It seems many of us are in "such a pitiful state" .
OK, So where are the filters now ?