CLASSIFIED ADS SPELLING FUNNIES }:>)

This is the place to discuss the QTH.com Classifieds (http://swap.qth.com). Please be constructive.
KB2VYZ

Post by KB2VYZ »

I guess we have, now it's time to make glue out of this horse we just beat to death.... Hey, with any luck, maybe a few of those that can't spell, read this section and learned something...like using spell check or a dictionary..lol Have a GREAT day! :D :lol: :D :lol:
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!! They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa!!! To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time...
W4KVW

They read this? haha }:>)

Post by W4KVW »

MOST of those we were refering to would NOT even realize it IF they could or did read these postings! So many LAUGHS & so LITTLE time! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Anyone for a bottle of GORILLA GLUE? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Clayton
W4KVW
KB2VYZ

Post by KB2VYZ »

I love the last comment Clayton, that you made about Gorilla Glue. I still figured they only used dead horses for STICKs of glue. I'll keep posting mispellings here as long as I find them, or Scott locks the post...haha
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!! They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa!!! To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time...
W4KVW

NEW ONE! }:>)

Post by W4KVW »

Just saw a CROME BENCHER PATTLE for sell & a MICORPHONE.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

W4KVW
N5TGL

Post by N5TGL »

Time to wake this thread up again:
NO PAYPAL ONLY EXCEPTING MONEY ORDERs....
So basically if you follow the above, you can't pay the seller. :D

Oh yeah and

W3WN

Post by W3WN »

N4ATS wrote:Wait , Wait , My wife says "its got to go"
I wouldn't dare ask my wife. She might say that "ALL of it has to go!"

In fact, my ex-wife did say that.

All of it went. And I went with it. :lol:
W3WN

Re: HAHAHA

Post by W3WN »

W4KVW wrote:SEVERAL "NON SMOKING" rigs.I would hope so UNLESS it's a parts only rig. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I do NOT allow my rigs too smoke either.

W4KVW
Well, I would certainly hope not! Don't you know basic electronics?

Electronics work because all of the components are filled with smoke. Let the smoke out, and they stop working!! :twisted:
W4KVW

HAHAHA

Post by W4KVW »

I just found a new one today(8-18-09)Someone looking for a person who works on TOOB TYPE RIGS!hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha I had too read it TWICE just to make sure I read it right.Now that is FUNNY. }:>)

Clayton
W4KVW :lol:
kg8lb

Re: CLASSIFIED ADS SPELLING FUNNIES }:>)

Post by kg8lb »

KM5FL wrote:
W4KVW wrote:.......I'm sure SOMEONE would be VERY HAPPY in HELPING you with your posting & it helps YOU & OTHERS whom are searching for an item you may post or others whom may be selling an item that YOU want if the item is spelled CORRECTLY.
73's,
Clayton
W4KVW
Well Clayton, turn about is fair play, wouldn't you say?? To laugh at others means you should be able to laugh at yourself..

Whom is an object pronoun, while who is a subject pronoun. One would never use whom as the subject of a verb. One method to use to determine correctness of who vs. whom is to rewrite the sentence to eliminate who or whom. If you would have used he, she, or they, in place of the word, then who is the correct word; if you would have used him, her, or them, then whom is the correct word. :lol: :lol:

KM5FL
Exactly, if it is OK to Critique spelling it would behoove the critic to practice proper grammar. Perhaps better to refrain otherwise. This of course offered as an observation , not a criticism.
W4KVW

I LOVE IT! PLEASE SEND MORE!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA }:>)

Post by W4KVW »

THANKS VERY MUCH for that last one! I LOVE it.You FORGOT I can SPELL anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(KM5FL)YOU said SEVERAL posting ago that YOU were BORED with the topic but YOU keep coming back for MORE & MORE because YOU are HOOKED & I just LOVE IT.hahahahahahaha :lol:

Clayton
W4KVW
N6VMO

Post by N6VMO »

I have a Ron 35 140 FT tower to first person who takes it down with a Jin Pole
and also Yaesu Rotor and dual 15 element beems and 200 ft coax.Within
the next month, it has to go.
k3ich

Duel band radio with Manuel

Post by k3ich »

I have a Duel band radio for sell that coms with a Manuel. (He will help instal your verticle antena.)
W4KVW

HAHAHA

Post by W4KVW »

Fellow selling a "SPEEKER MIKE" HAHAHA }:>)

W4KVW :D :lol: :lol:
VE6WR

Spelling errors

Post by VE6WR »

Actually, some of the best lingo I have read in answer to any ad I may place comes from places such as Cameroon and Nigeria. They do seem to get nasty when I offer to personally meet them at their local airport to pick up their stuff.
K4ICL

Hmmmm...

Post by K4ICL »

Como esta frijole?
VE3TMT

Post by VE3TMT »

Another common one "must sale"

Is this ham radio or sailing?

Mary Krismus to everyone

VE3TMT
W4KVW

FUNNY STUFF!

Post by W4KVW »

What is REALLY FUNNY is the emails I get back when I tell them the CORRECT spelling of YAESU & tell them there is NO SUCH thing as a YEASU or a YASUE. They have the rig & box pictured in the ad & the word YAESU plastered all over them & they still spell it YEASU or YASUE. Some of them get REALLY HUFFY but I know it's because they know just how STUPID it makes them look.They can NOT laugh at themselves along with the rest of us & want me too believe it's my fault that they can NOT spell the name of gear they are wanting to sell or buy? I usually suggest buying ICOM gear since it's MUCH EASIER too spell & more desirable to own as well but they are still so upset that they send me a nasty email or two so I get another laugh on them. I almost forgot the number of MANUELS that are listed that I'm guessing are MANUALS? }:>) }:>) }:>)

Clayton
W4KVW :lol:
N8QBY

Post by N8QBY »

Why would you e-mail them? It is one thing if you get a laugh from posting on here, but to e-mail them is only going to agitate them. A couple of years ago, I placed an ad regarding the spelling mistakes in the ads on this site, and others. I recommended a browser that had spell-check, or an online dictionary that would help. The focus wasn't to make fun of, but to try and bring attention to how easy it is to correct, with just a little effort. I don't think that laughing at, or e-mailing someone is of good taste, and will only agitate the person.
rdl014

Spelling

Post by rdl014 »

I think it is funny to see how many ads mention that there is little "ware" on the item being sold.
N9LCD

Post by N9LCD »

I think that all of the "funnies" should call into question our ever-increasing national, state, and local budgets for education.

What are we, the taxpayers, getting for our education tax dollars???

OTHER THAN RIPPED-OFF???

N9LCD

:cry:
W4KVW

NEW ONE..... HAHAHAHAHAHA

Post by W4KVW »

Just saw a NEW one:GOOD "SODDER" JOINTS in an ICOM 746 PRO! hahahahaha :oops:
N6VMO

Post by N6VMO »

Same 2 meter yagi ad has a couple of sad instances:

cofazing

turning radious

used in fairley good shape

Might meat some on part way.
N6VMO

Post by N6VMO »

Will work with any radio that has a 8-pin or J-45 micphone connector...Will all cables..Just no longer intrested in digital stuff.....Trade Only....Intrested in....
Bobby

spelling & grammer

Post by Bobby »

Ya start with a tiny snowball at the top of the mountain, by the time it gets halfway down, it is big enough to swallow you whole. When it gets to the bottom, ya have an avalanche!

Members have various educational levels..but they may be very honorable folks, even when they do not spell or use good grammar.

Focus on the scum among us that really hurt the amateur radio community by their indifference, rudeness, dishonesty, lack of respect, etc.

I have covered 50 years of this hobby, don't have 50 more to contribute. Focus on the things that matter, busting someones stones is counterproductive.........

Bobby
W3KFQ
W4KVW

They just keep coming! }:>)

Post by W4KVW »

Just saw an FT-990 from a NON-SMOAKING shack???? :oops:

Clayton
W4KVW
}:>)