How to establish credibility?

This is the place to discuss the QTH.com Classifieds (http://swap.qth.com). Please be constructive.
medicis

How to establish credibility?

Post by medicis »

Thanks for looking... was able to get the unit I wanted elsewhere.
be well.

original message:

I am an absolute newbie .... well not absolutely .. I did make a fair effort to learn code when I was an adolescent 48 years ago... But I have gotten the itch now in my dotage and have researched what sort of rig I want to buy, am gathering the info on what I have to do licensing-wise and have a colleague (another psychologist) with whom I used to work who is a HAM and who will help guide me.

I also know that I have to have the radio in front of me ... to entice me.. to goad me ... into doing the work towards licensure in spite of the many other demands upon my attention.

So I'm interested in a Kenwood for sale by a HAM but have read the cautionary articles .... not to trust a non-HAM. But that's what I am (at least technically but not in spirit).

So, how should one go about establishing credibility to purchase? And how can I establish trust in a seller (even if a HAM)?

Is there a simple procedure to follow overall?

Cause I'd really like that TS 830S ....

dr rdw

on edit .... and, of course, it's distressing to not even be able to contact the seller because I do not yet have a call sign. How can one get around that hurdle?