The REPLACEMENT to PAYPAL has arrived!!

This is the place to discuss the QTH.com Classifieds (http://swap.qth.com). Please be constructive.
ne6v

The REPLACEMENT to PAYPAL has arrived!!

Post by ne6v »

Hello to all,

About a month and a half or so, I wrote a very long and drawn out message/post about some transactions with PAYPAL. Many people replied and commented. I was really shocked to read just how many of us have gotten the "bad deal" by PAYPAL or EBAY or BOTH. So I searched and searched for something else. I believe I have found it. They are Alertpay, they are different from the very beginning. First off they ARE NOT ESCROW AGENTS. They are Pure and simple Money Transfer Agents. THEY DO NOT HOLD ON TO MONEY. Example, PAYPAL may place a hold on funds until an item is shipped, NOT AT ALERTPAY. Someone transfer money to you its availble!
You can use Credit Cards, checks , you can even wire transfer funds!

It is even different in the Verify process. PAYPAL wants Credit Card #'s Bank Account #'s. Not at ALERTPAY. they go off a faxed or email scan/copy of your State ID or Drivers license, and one utility bill! Thats ALL. Fees are differnet, the entire process is different and works well so far.

Here's a link, go to the link, and try them out. Open a account for FREE!!

http://www.alertpay.com/

Why I'm doing this and promating these guys simple because I CAN NOT STAND PAYPAL ANY MORE I TRULY DISLIKE THEM AND THEIR SERVICE!! So If ONE paypal users changes over I FEEL GREAT!! Now 100,000's more to change over!!

de
ne6v
:D
ne6v

More food for thought

Post by ne6v »

The PayPal/EBay backlash continues:
Here are some very interesting articles to read.I look at this "Paypal/Ebay issue as such, they(PayPal/Ebay) are out there to make a profit for their shareholders. So is it wrong for us to want to make(keep) as much as possible for our shareholders(our families), I don't think so. This is just us doing good business(smart business).

http://money.cnn.com/2008/02/07/smbusin ... 2008021009

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2008/fsb ... /jump.html
N9LCD

ALERTPAY????

Post by N9LCD »

Before anybody gets too hot about AlertPay;

TAKE THE TIME AND READ THE USER AGREEMENT.

COMPARE IT, WORD FOR WORD, TO PAYPAL.

And, don't forget, do you really want to go to court in Canada to resolve a dispute with AlertPay? Because that's where they're headquartered!!!

Jerry

N9LCD
WB4KMA

you can sue a canadian corp

Post by WB4KMA »

Jerry,

You brought up some good points and I wanted to take it a but further and try to help.
Foreign corp are sued all the time. Once you get a judgment, the idea is recording the judgment and collecting on it.

EX:
I WB4KMA in Orlando, FL. bought a product from XYZ in Canada.
I have the option as to where I want to file the suit if I can not negotiate or get results.
If I sued XYZ in Orlando, Fl for 1,000.00 and won, I would look at recording a judgment here in Fl and hoping they had something I could lien.
Often we see people from other states recording a judgment From Fl to Kentucky for example.
As to how it works in Canada.........eh.....it's already answered here
http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=457158

Take care and always remember to read what you are agreeing to.
In some cases we have 5 points to a contract and it may be voided.

Final note.......just because a contract says you can not declare bankruptcy does not mean squat. In some states such as Fl certain parts of a contract have been found by Fl Supreme court to be DIRECTORY AND NOT MANDATORY.
shaggy_24740

Re: ALERTPAY????

Post by shaggy_24740 »

N9LCD wrote:Before anybody gets too hot about AlertPay;

TAKE THE TIME AND READ THE USER AGREEMENT.

COMPARE IT, WORD FOR WORD, TO PAYPAL.

And, don't forget, do you really want to go to court in Canada to resolve a dispute with AlertPay? Because that's where they're headquartered!!!

Jerry

N9LCD
No differance in Going to California to solve a dispute with EBAY or Pay Pal.. I live in West Virginia, and It's closer to canada than it is California. :shock:
If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck ,Its a Duck
n1amf

Re: The REPLACEMENT to PAYPAL has arrived!!

Post by n1amf »

I hope this isin't a scam as this required drivers lic and, a util bill.
73 all
kg8lb

Post by kg8lb »

I have had very good results from Paypal both as a buyer and a seller. Paypal has come through for me as well as others I have known. Without Paypal the outcome could have been quite bad . I had one deal right here on QTH where a rig was totally misrepresented. The seller actually acknowledged the fact and rather than return the radio he agreed to send out a partial refund. After several promised mailing dates passed by. (The seller was paid VIA Paypal but insisted he would only refund VIA US Mail), I was forced to file a Paypal claim. The seller was furious but my money came back quickly.

I bet the less than honest dealers also resent Paypal for roping them in and foiling their attempts at unsavory dealing, but I for one appreciate the protection afforded to honest people.
VE6WR

Re: More food for thought

Post by VE6WR »

ne6v wrote:The PayPal/EBay backlash continues:
Here are some very interesting articles to read.I look at this "Paypal/Ebay issue as such, they(PayPal/Ebay) are out there to make a profit for their shareholders. So is it wrong for us to want to make(keep) as much as possible for our shareholders(our families), I don't think so. This is just us doing good business(smart business).

http://money.cnn.com/2008/02/07/smbusin ... 2008021009

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2008/fsb ... /jump.html
Hmmmm...looks a whole like the paypal site. Also, when I clicked on the site address, it took me there alright, but said that NE6V referred me. HEY. I want a percentage of your kickback....HIHI. Just funnin.
kd1ic

two sides to every story...sellers point

Post by kd1ic »

ther are always two sides to every story or at least two veiw points, I am a faithful ebay and paypal user, BUT paypal stole (thats what I call it ) money from me...I shipped a small flat rate priority international box to Italy to a buyer last November, he never got it, post office says they don't track small flat rate boxes or envelopes. sorry your out of luck, we can't help you, customer filed a complaint with his credit card co. and they said they would give hime his money back ...Great huh. NO! they ( his credit card co.) is in bed with paypal and paypal took the money back out of my account with no warning and said they gave it back to the buyer pending I prove that he got delivery within 10 days... well you know where that went..so I loose $282.00 and the shipping cost and have absolutely NO RECOURSE....ain't that great...I still use paypal, it is just a learning experience, a costly one...beware. do not use small flat rate boxes if you care if it ever gets there or not...the theives know they are not being tracked!....'gil"...kd1ic
gilly
VE6WR

Paypal? Nah!

Post by VE6WR »

If I ever attempt to sell another item on ebay, I will make a note on the ad that no matter what ebay says, I will accept only money orders. I know ebay says you must use paypal, but that's just to get the ad on. I don't like being told what to take. But, it is their site, so I guess I have to eventually come around to their way or use someone else. We'll see.
jennifera

Post by jennifera »

How to pay for something online w/ Paypal without using Paypal Balance and just with Credit Card? Everytime I buy something online, it takes out money from my Paypal Balance, too. Is there an option you can choose where you can only use your credit card to pay for an item and not use my Paypal balance to pay for it? I use the Paypal balance for something else.
Last edited by jennifera on Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
K9XR

Yes You Can

Post by K9XR »

Yes, Just before you confirm payment there is a little line that says "payment method". There should be a choice to "change payment method". you can click on credit card payment. PayPal always has it set up so your PayPal Balance is the "DEFAULT". That way they can make the 3% on your money and pay no credit card charges.

You have to do this every time you want to to use your credit card for payment. There is no way to make eour credit card the "default" payment source.

jennifera wrote:How to pay for something online w/ Paypal without using Paypal Balance and just with Credit Card? Everytime I buy something online, it takes out money from my Paypal Balance, too. Is there an option you can choose where you can only use your credit card to pay for an item and not use my Paypal balance to pay for it? I use the Paypal balance for something else.
W6GQ

Post by W6GQ »

What about Google Checkout?

I have only used it less that a dozen times, but had no issues.

Any feed back for Google Checkout?

https://www.google.com/accounts/Service ... pl=default
NR7J

Sellers beware accepting paypal payments.

Post by NR7J »

Next time you'll sell something and use paypal keep this in mind.

The guy you're sending the radio to can swap parts or even entire boards inside the radio then tell paypal that the radio doesn't work and paypal will issue a refund and you end up with a broken radio. It will happen to you sooner of later. You'll see.

After 800+ transactions with paypal I will stop using their service,
USPS money order will be the way to go.
david9091

Post by david9091 »

I know ebay says you must use paypal, but that's just to get the ad on. I don't like being told what to take. But, it is their site, so I guess I have to eventually come around to their way or use someone else. We'll see.
"DaviD"
KI6ZAP

Paypal key

Post by KI6ZAP »

I had my paypal account hacked a couple years ago. They refunded all money to my bank. And after calling them they sent me an electronic key. Every time I sign in I use the key to get a 6 digit code. I have never had a problem again. As for shipping I exclusively use UPS or Fedex. they track to the door. I would never do a deal with some one Im not comfortable with. I have googled there name or call sign in past and have found several had bad deals with people. Its a way to root out bad deals. In this day and age of electronic transactions you have to be careful.
Kb9nze

Post by Kb9nze »

I've been an occasional ebay buyer for years, not sold anything there yet. I started out paying by USPS money orders only, finally got a PayPal account set up - no problems with that payment method YET. But the USPS money order method still works fine - just today recieved a couple of items I bought from this site from WB0PAY Jerry. Mailed the money order last Saturday, so just 6 days to complete the whole transaction THANKS JERRY! I'm more inclined to believe patience is a virtue than I am to believe I 'MUST' make payment 'instantly'.

KB9NZE
Randy
kg8lb

Post by kg8lb »

No system is perfect but Paypal indeed saves many buyers from fraudulent sellers . Fraud on the part of buyers in negligible in comparison to the number of scamming sellers out there . Read the feedback on a few of the sellers who vehemently scorn Paypal and a picture emerges . It becomes clearthat scammer sellers hate Paypal ...for their own reasons .

I thank Paypal for getting me my refund from one person in particular and he happens to be the originator of this thread .

Also see:

http://chat.qth.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12182
OK, So where are the filters now ?
malco

Post by malco »

Personally I won't buy from anyone that won't take PayPal. The last thing I am going to do is send money to some I don't know, for equipment that could be misrepresented, with no recourse.
Mal
NK7Z

Post by NK7Z »

malco wrote:Personally I won't buy from anyone that won't take PayPal. The last thing I am going to do is send money to some I don't know, for equipment that could be misrepresented, with no recourse.
Mal
You realize you are answering a 7 month old post?
73's and thanks,
For equipment reviews and setups see:
http://www.nk7z.net