Does "Do you take Pay Pal" mean I will take it?

This is the place to discuss the QTH.com Classifieds (http://swap.qth.com). Please be constructive.
NL7FK

Does "Do you take Pay Pal" mean I will take it?

Post by NL7FK »

This has happened more than a few times. I list an item and I will receive a message asking if I will take pay pal.

I respond that I will and thank the person for inquiring about my listing.

A couple of days and a do mean a couple of days will pass and I end up selling the item to someone else. I either delete the listing or depending on the situation I will edit the ad saying "Sold Pending recipt of funds"

No longer than ten minutes later I will get a nasty e mail from the person who asked if I took Pay Pal giving me He-- for selling his item. Although I never received an actual commitment and no money has exchanged hands that person is mad at me for selling the item in my listing.

Now if this was a one time occurance I would not think anything about it but this has of late been a common occurance. Has Anyone else had similiar situations? I do not think that asking if I take Pay pal is a commitment.

Am I missing something? If I am doing something wrong I want to know so I can correct it. I was under the impression that in this type of selling and buying environment it is very fast paced at times and if one see something they want they either need to actually commit one way or another. Thanks in advance for your input.
KC0UKR

Post by KC0UKR »

Sounds to me like you are just attracting "slow ones" somehow?

Asking about PayPal seems to imply that they will want to take care of it faster not slower to me.

If they ask and you agree and they do not commit and pay,who cares what they think?

I ask for their PayPal address and send them a request for payment.
If they do not pay then,they are hardly at the top of the list with me.

This is not rocket science or a therapy session.

I certainly talk to people and give them the chance to buy based on first come,first served but they have to follow the same coutesy and either buy or not. Any misunderstanding is purely in their minds. I am not sending any gear without payment so why would they feel it is their deal if they do not pay?

Am I missing something here?

Ed