Why was my posting deleted?

This is the place to discuss the QTH.com Classifieds (http://swap.qth.com). Please be constructive.
VA3UT

Why was my posting deleted?

Post by VA3UT »

I just got an e-mail from QTH.com saying that my posting was deleted, and the Reason Deleted was 'You may re post the ad with one proper call sign.' I used proper call sign and I don't understand why my posting was deleted.

Is this site dedicated to US hams? I don't think so. I simply don't understand why VA3UT/W1 is not a proper call sign. Maybe, this site was managed by someone who has no clue of ham radio.

Best 73,

Chris VA3UT/W1
VE2AMN

Post by VE2AMN »

I think that although VA3UT is a valid callsign in any listing, VA3UT/W1 is not!
In fact, it isn`t a callsign at all...
Gilles, in the great white north..
VA3UT

Post by VA3UT »

VE2AMN wrote:I think that although VA3UT is a valid callsign in any listing, VA3UT/W1 is not!
In fact, it isn`t a callsign at all...
By what definition? It is a valid portable form of call sign. /mm is for maritime mobile, /qrp for QRP operation, etc. It is perfectly fine way of using your call sign. I have been a ham since 1981 and never heard that using "/" isn't a valid way of using call sign.

Hmmm. After reading all your postings in the past, I gave up. There is no point that I waste my time with you, bud.
VE2AMN

Post by VE2AMN »

That`s OK.

I`m just not sure that all programs that check callsigns also check the portable addition....

Gilles, in the great white north..