Curious as to Why a Msg becomes Locked..

This is the place to discuss the QTH.com Classifieds (http://swap.qth.com). Please be constructive.
lhk0pd

Curious as to Why a Msg becomes Locked..

Post by lhk0pd »

I know there has to be a good reason but am curious as to why certain Messages will get a lock put on them. I'm sure i've read it some where but just do not remember it if i did.
Larry Huff K0pd
KC0UKR

Post by KC0UKR »

I was wondering the same thing?
There seemed to be no obvious reason for locking the thread both Larry and I were part of but it is locked nonetheless?

I wanted to add to it that though the PayPal rules do not allow for passing on the Fee for using PayPal the rules do allow you to have both a Personal as well as what they call a Premier account at the same time.
That way you can accept payments to the personal account free of the fee's.

The only catch is that the Personal account is limited to a $500.00 transaction,any higher and you must use the Premier account and pay the fee.

Odd, Huh?

Ed
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Tnx Ed i was wondering if i was the only one curious as to why a locked thread. Ed on the Pay Pal fees if i feel i need them covered i do not announce it to Pay Pal but either build it into my Price or ask the buyer to ad it to the price. Really as far as Pay Pal goes they actually make a little more that way.But yes i had E Bay take down a ad one time because i said buyer to ad 3% to sale price to help cover pay pal.....
Larry Huff K0pd
KM5FL

Post by KM5FL »

KC0UKR wrote:I was wondering the same thing?
There seemed to be no obvious reason for locking the thread
Ed
Just my observation.. Probably because the thread had wandered off topic..

KM5FL
VA3EE/ VE3GNX

Post by VA3EE/ VE3GNX »

Just a quick question then. I have seen quite a few seller's here on QTH with the add 3% for pay pal purchase. If it is against the rules to do so then why are the ads not pulled here?
VE3GNX
w8jn

paypal fees

Post by w8jn »

ebay now owns paypal. if you violate paypal rules on ebay they will pull your auction. paypal has no authority here on qrz.....
KC0UKR

Re: paypal fees

Post by KC0UKR »

w8jn wrote:ebay now owns paypal. if you violate paypal rules on ebay they will pull your auction. paypal has no authority here on qrz.....
So what you are saying is that since people here on QRZ can get away with it,they do?

I beleive you have something here.
VA3EE/ VE3GNX

Post by VA3EE/ VE3GNX »

Here on QTH paypal or ebay might not have the authority to pull the ad, but maybe we should put up a stink and let the seller know what he or she is doing is against the rules. I have no problem buying something from somebody for a set price, just work it into the price of the item. That way you are ahead of the game, weather it be a paypal item or not.
Cheers Don VE3GNX
KC0UKR

Post by KC0UKR »

VE3GNX wrote:Here on QTH paypal or ebay might not have the authority to pull the ad, but maybe we should put up a stink and let the seller know what he or she is doing is against the rules. I have no problem buying something from somebody for a set price, just work it into the price of the item. That way you are ahead of the game, weather it be a paypal item or not.
Cheers Don VE3GNX
I think you may be missing the point?
W1LDR

Post by W1LDR »

Just my observation.. Probably because the thread had wandered off topic..

KM5FL[/quote]
Kind of what this thread did! :D :wink: