Is it unreasonable ?

This is the place to discuss the QTH.com Classifieds (http://swap.qth.com). Please be constructive.
k4ghz

Is it unreasonable ?

Post by k4ghz »

I was purchasing a amplifier, but the seller did not want to give his street address or telephone number, only a P.O. Box. I have a real problem sending cash to a P.O Box...is that unreasonable??
jmichaelf
GERM37

I do not send to po boxs

Post by GERM37 »

I have a rule that I live by I do not send money to po box's for any reason.
SHERMAN.
KC0UKR

Post by KC0UKR »

If you feel uncortable for any reason at all about a deal,as a buyer nothing is unreasonable.

The buyer takes all of the risks so why would a seller not try to ease any reservations the buyer has?

I will not EVER buy from someone without speaking first on the phone.

No legitimate seller could refuse this condition and I will not make an exception.

Ed
n5wrx

Re: Is it unreasonable ?

Post by n5wrx »

k4ghz wrote:I was purchasing a amplifier, but the seller did not want to give his street address or telephone number, only a P.O. Box. I have a real problem sending cash to a P.O Box...is that unreasonable??
No Doubt you have saved youreself some money and a lot of frustration.
K4ICL

When to reject and eject...

Post by K4ICL »

Don't want to be skinned, robbed, cheated, scammed, bilked, abused by an Internet deal?

Rule No. 1 (Also known as RED FLAG No. 1):

Anytime a Seller or a Buyer refuses to provide you with reasonable verifiable contact information (Name, Callsign, Physical Address, Telephone Number, Email address, etc.) reject and eject the deal and move on.
ddurgin

ship to a p. o. box ??

Post by ddurgin »

I live here in a very rural area on big island Hawaii. There is no postal delivery here. We only have p o boxes. Sorry I don't live within walking distance of a post office, like I guess everyone in America does..... But I do have a telephone, and I do speak English, so I guess if you're to lazy to call, or have me call you, then keep moving, and to heck with you. Also, keep your traffic jams to yourself.