MINT OR JUST NEW.

This is the place to discuss the QTH.com Classifieds (http://swap.qth.com). Please be constructive.
GERM37

MINT OR JUST NEW.

Post by GERM37 »

HI,
IS everyone as tired as I am of seeing radios and other items listed for sale as MINT condition or just like new and then on the next line it says only a few scratches and or rub marks here and there.
I wish someone would start a class to teach some people what the words MINT,NEW and just like new mean,it sure does not mean their should be scratches or rub marks or for that matter any kind of marks on the item.
IF you went to a dealer and got a new radio or other item and opened it up to find scratches and rub marks on it would you just say oh well and think nothing of it and not say anything or not return it,I sure wouldn't keep it,new means NEW and MINT means MINT no marks of any kind,NONE!!!!!
I know I will hear about this but I just think something should be said about these listings as it seems to be getting worse.
EVERYONE have a great day.
SHERMAN AE4XL 73'S
SHERMAN.
w9dp

Post by w9dp »

One of my favorites is NIB. Are they trying to say it was never opened? Once you take a radio out of the box and turn it on, it is no longer new or in the box.

NG9R
KC0UKR

Post by KC0UKR »

My favorite is always "Plastic still on display".

I don't want to buy a radio from someone too stupid to figure out how to remove the plastic!?!