Please help me!!

This is the place to discuss the QTH.com Classifieds (http://swap.qth.com). Please be constructive.
N8PQB

Please help me!!

Post by N8PQB »

How many times have you read a posting asking for help on a technical issue or needing information for a problem. I have responding to many over the years, and most of the times everything is ok.
But what really gets my crank out is when the requesting party hasn't the decency to return an email thanking you the help. Has common courtesy left the hobby?
Maybe I am just getting to the crabby stage of growing old, and inconsiderate people are getting under my skin.
It happened again this week and I needed a chance to vent!
Thanks for the vent!

N8PQB
kb5pn

Post by kb5pn »

For that reason I have quit answering any postings requesting help. I also no longer offer to elmer any locals after several times of offering and being told basically " This is the way I did it on cb and I'm going to keep doing it that way."
I'll elmer anyone that comes to me and asks but never again will I offer. :(
n3pzz

blame the parents

Post by n3pzz »

What we need to do is elmer people on manners first.
My old granny would slap you upside your head if you didn't say thank you.
Just a gentle reminder she say.
God bless her.
lasernerd KE7VDP

Post by lasernerd KE7VDP »

this is very sad to hear this stuff,
I have learned so much from the "elders" not just in age, but the guys who have learned the hard way,I still try to pick up as much information as possible
N7LWQ has passed away recently,he taught me so much,
So when you guys talk there are still a few as myself who listen closely to your words,,

I thank you all for your contributions!

Mark
ddurgin

thanks for the help....

Post by ddurgin »

If they can't even give you a "free" thank you, then email them and ask for money for you services !!! That'll surely get a quick response !!!
K5BLI

Thank yous!

Post by K5BLI »

N8PQB,

I understand completly, and it frustrates me too. However part of the hobby is to help when we can. Maybe we should take the attitude of "I'm doing what I know is right" whether the party you are helping does the right thing or not.

Courtesy should not be something we have to ask for, but unfortunatley, this has become a "what's in it for me world", "what can the world do for me?", or "what can you do for me?". It's wrong. It's very wrong, but we are not going to change the lack of courtesy here on this board or anywhere else.

We can however, be an example of a good Ham Radio Operator. I'm proud of my hobby, and I'm proud of the many Ham's like yourself, that have a heart for not only your hobby, but apparently for others who are curious about what we do.

N8PQB you are a great example of what we are supposed to be as a Ham community. Keep doing what you are doing, and don't let some rude flake spoil one minute of enjoyment of Ham Radio. I'm no expert, but I've learned what goes around comes around. Don't worry about them, after all this is your hobby. You have the power to make it what you want.

As I've mentioned, I'm no expert, but I have a heart for someone who needs encouragement. So let me encourage you to stay positive.

Bill Ingram
K5BLI
Cleveland, Texas
Bill Ingram
K5BLI
Cleveland, Texas