Grumble, grumble, growl ...

This is the place to discuss the QTH.com Classifieds (http://swap.qth.com). Please be constructive.
K7GUH

Grumble, grumble, growl ...

Post by K7GUH »

Statements such as "will ship to lower 48 only" really p*** me off. Please be advised that there are 50 states, some of which resent being treated like underprivileged colonies or third world countries. We have been 50 states since 1959 or so. The USPS serves all 50 states plus a few possessions and other POs. If you use the USPS flat rate service, they will deliver whatever fits in the box (regardless of weight) for a very reasonable fee.

If you continue to disrespect your fellow Americans in Alaska and Hawaii, they may just sell your soul to Microsoft for 49 or 50 cents. Don't claim you haven't been warned.
K4ICL

Huh?

Post by K4ICL »

I figure a person has the right to set the conditions of any legal sale he wishes to post. True, some conditions set by users may not be acceptable to all readers and may keep some people form dealing. But so what? If you don't like the conditions set by a seller, don't deal with him. It is not necessary to accuse his of improper behavior. As I see it, he has just as much right to limit his sales area as you have to post your opinion. You both risk less than total agreement by all readers.

Nuff said...

K4ICL
K7GUH

Post by K7GUH »

Sorry, mate, but I don't believe there is anything in the rules that allows one American to discriminate against other Americans based on their state of residence. It's not illegal, of course, and I infer that you have never been on the receiving end of that type of discrimination.

In point of fact, I do not do business with those who discriminate against the residents of Alaska and Hawaii simply because of the state in which they reside. I also assert the right to tell them why. If that troubles you, so be it.
K4ICL

Get real...

Post by K4ICL »

OK. Using your zealous application of "Americanism" means we may:

NOT "discriminate" against American scammers...
NOT "discriminate" against American hams selling high priced junk...
NOT "discriminate" against American hams who require free shipment...
NOT "discriminate" against American hams wanting free equipment...
NOT "discriminate" against American hams with criminal records...
NOT "discriminate" against American hams living under bridges...
NOT "discriminate" against American thugs of all sorts...
NOT "discriminate" against American trolls...
etc. etc. etc.

In short, you appear to want users to do it your way instead of supporting the freedom of allowing sellers to decide to whom and where to sell ham gear.
If you continue to disrespect your fellow Americans in Alaska and Hawaii, they may just sell your soul to Microsoft for 49 or 50 cents. Don't claim you haven't been warned.
I, too, lived in Alaska [six years (KL7QH)] and KNOW the hassle of getting delicate electronic gear in and out of "country". I have no hard feelings about fellow hams not wanting to take the risk to ship. So, I am all for allowing people to decide for themselves what risks thay want to take in their business dealings. Lighten up!

K4ICL
KE5EKO

Post by KE5EKO »

How about posts that say " Will not ship " ????...Why would someone want to advertise something for sale on a worldwide recognized buy/sell/swap site when they are not willing to send it to anyone ???...Just a thought......
Merry Christmas..........Mike..........
N9LCD

Post by N9LCD »

I made the mistake once of quoting a fixed UPS shipping price for a Heath kit VTVM. My buyer was from Hawaii and, boy, did I take the tubes on shipping.

UPS to Hawaii HAS to go by air!!!

OUCH!!

Jerry

N9LCD