Selling in HAM forums vs classified of other interests

This is the place to discuss the QTH.com Classifieds (http://swap.qth.com). Please be constructive.
NR9R

Selling in HAM forums vs classified of other interests

Post by NR9R »

I have noticed something totally disheartening. When I read through the Feedback Forum, I see posting after posting about HAMs who cannot be trusted when it comes to exchanging money and merchandise. I belong to a few other classifieds groups related to some of my other interests in metal working, musical instruments and computers. Lots of buying and selling goes on in these forums in-between lots of intelligent discussion. On other forums, I cannot recall ever reading a posting regarding a deal gone bad. These other forums don't even have a designated space where one can post such negative feedback.

What's the deal?

Anthony
AA9OC
kc6vlg

Hams swindle Hams

Post by kc6vlg »

Anthony, it is not their fault. The RF made them do it. :(
N6ATF

Post by N6ATF »

The Batlabs Batboard has a feedback forum too. They are many-edged swords.

From a feedback or group of feedbacks about a person, you don't get absolute certainty about the honorableness of a person.

My biggest pet peeve is that multiple good feedbacks can make you think someone's respectable, when behind-the-scenes, they go around harassing everyone on and off the internet that isn't part of their incoming cashflow.
This person is no longer a member of chat.qth.com