Repairable Equipment/Manuals

This is the place to discuss the QTH.com Classifieds (http://swap.qth.com). Please be constructive.
KE5EKO

Repairable Equipment/Manuals

Post by KE5EKO »

Greetings All....I have purchased virtually all of my radio gear from hams advertisng on this site and have been fortunate in the respect, all I have ever gotten was top quality equipment in the exact condition it was advertised to be in. However, a couple of things has me puzzled.
1. Equipment offered without a operating manual. However, the seller will go on to say that a manual can be downloaded from xzy website. Why don't YOU go ahead and download the manual? You have access to the site or you couldn't tell me what/where it is...
2. Equipment offered with burnt out bulbs/blown fuses/missing dials/knobs/feet/not transmitting but receiving OK/working intermittently, etc. Again, with directions on where to fing the missing parts and, alot of times, repair instructions. Go ahead and fix the thing and get your money back...

Needless to say, I won't buy something without the operating instructions or in need of repair.

Mike
KE5EKO
N2ZD

Re: Repairable Equipment/Manuals

Post by N2ZD »

KE5EKO wrote: Needless to say, I won't buy something without the operating instructions or in need of repair.

Mike
KE5EKO
Yes, but I will... Mike are you sure you are a ham? Nothing makes me happier than working on a broken rig and restoring its magical powers once again.. Thanks for the chuckle..