First time buying used from QTH.com, need advice

This is the place to discuss the QTH.com Classifieds (http://swap.qth.com). Please be constructive.
KB1JCY

First time buying used from QTH.com, need advice

Post by KB1JCY »

I've never traded on QTH.com. I'm more used to FleaBay. I'm don't want to get screwed I'm looking at the following listing:

http://swap.qth.com/search-results.php? ... earch=Call

The price is right. But I can't find the seller on the feedback forum. Which makes me a bit nervous. Is this a safe deal?
KC0UKR

Post by KC0UKR »

Well I will throw this out there to get you started.

READ THIS FORUM.:shock:

This entire forum is about your question. Read it and search through it and do your homework.
If you want to trade safely do the work first.
There are no failsafe sure methods but common sennse goes a long way.

Asking this broad a question before first researching for yourself sort of makes you a target for those looking to scam.
Don't you agree?

Just my opinion.
Mike C.

Post by Mike C. »

I've got some simple advice for non-hams using this site.If you have a deal with a Ham go a little sour or just have a couple of comments to make about a transaction that aren't all candy and roses,don't bother.I left a couple of comments concerning a transaction with KG4RMD as to how a couple of things he did were a little out of the ordinary that bothered me.I did keep the e-mails to prove everything I said.
I left the feedback and Kg4Rmd e-mailed me and let me know he didn't appreciate it.He demanded I return the item,which I didn't.He claimed I was slandering him because the item was broken.It was earlier agreed to,mutually, that I would buy the item as not working. I explained my comments and the purpose of a feedback column to no avail.Like I said,I have the e-mails to verfy my statements.However all this proved a waste of time because within two days or so the feedback was removed.
I e-mailed KA9FOX for an explanation.I was ignored.I have noticed hundreds of negative feedbacks from one Ham to another that haven't been removed.The obvious conclusion is that maybe Hams can have negative feedback left by non-Hams removed by request..At least it appears that way.
. If, in fact KA9FOX has not been able to return my e-mail for a reason such as illness or being on vacation etc.,I apologize for my statement as to him ignoring me.If this is the case,I still look forward to his reply. Thanx.
Mike C.
w2rdt

FIRST TIME BUYING

Post by w2rdt »

i SUGGEST YOU, AS STATED EARLIER KNOW WHAT YOU ARE
BUYING AND WHO FROM. NOT A HAM?
I WOULD NOT BUY ANYTHING LISTED IF THERE ISNT A VALID CALLSIGN
LISTED.
\E-BAY IS FOR THESE PEOPLE. E-BAY WILL ACCEPT THE BAD GUYS
RESPONCES BUT AS STATED EARLIER, YOU HAVE NO WAY TO
GET BY A BAD FEEDBACK, EVEN IF IT IS RETALITORY.
READ SOME HAM-HAM FORUMS AND GET AN IDEA WHO IS ALLEGED TO
BE SCAMMING. THIS WILL HELP YOU ALOT.
WHAT YOUR ASKING SOUNDS LIKE, TAKE MY CODE TEST FOR ME
I AM NOT FAMILIAR WITH IT.
GOOD LUCK, I THINK YOU WILL FIND OUT THE EXCEPTION IS SCAM
THE RULE IS GOOD DEALS FROM GOOD HAMS.
RUSS==KC2RKO