The value is what it's worth to the buyer

This is the place to discuss the QTH.com Classifieds (http://swap.qth.com). Please be constructive.
N8PQB

The value is what it's worth to the buyer

Post by N8PQB »

It never ceases to amaze me, and there has been other comments written regarding this subject.
The bottom line is, your posting is worth whatever the buyer thinks its worth, not the seller. Oh, I know the seller decides what he wants, but he will continue to own it if his price in not within the market value of the particular item.
Case in point, I will not mention the item that is for sale, but it has been posted time after time, after time. There is a saying in the real estate game that, if the house/property doesn't sell in 6 weeks, there is something wrong with it, or the price is too high. I think that adage could also apply to ham gear. Most of us that have been in this hobby for a number of years, found out the stark reality the first time we traded a radio in for a newer one. It ain't worth anywhere near what we paid for it. So why do some think their radio is worth so much?
Now here is a idea that has worked many times. If you aren't having success in selling your item outright, trade it for something else that does sell. Kind of simply really. The end result is, "ya git your money!" :D