Unthoughtful Sellers.

This is the place to discuss the QTH.com Classifieds (http://swap.qth.com). Please be constructive.
Bear

Unthoughtful Sellers.

Post by Bear »

Hello All,
It is a shame that folks will list items and then just disappear ! One would think if they sold the item they would be responsible enough to remove the item or after listing a item at least check their emails once a week to see if they have had a response to their listings !
I have in the past two weeks contacted three different sellers who have items listed here, not a one has responded even after being contacted twice. There is no excuse for this ! If the owner of this site is nice enough to give us a free forum to sell and swap our items we use in our Hobby then one would think they would be appreciative enough to either respond, or remove their listings. It creates a overload of ads to sort through and a inconvenience to us the people who are seeking items we need. I would not blame the site owner if he wiped every advertisement clean on a set day and have everyone relist their items new. On here if you have not sold a item within a week it is doubtful you will sell it . Please folks be responsible adults and keep up with your listings or we may one day find we have no where to list these things except "RIP OFF BAY" !!!
Bear

Re: Unthoughtful Sellers.

Post by Bear »

They list stuff for sale and then disappear or have already sold the item and not taken the time to remove the add (they got their money so why bother) or as in my most recent QTH Fiasco, I purchased or thought I had purchased a $800 amplifier from a seller, sent him a Money order and when he got it, he suddenly decided he wanted to keep the amplifier and is sending my MO back to me ?? That is fine he has the right to change his mind, but I on the other hand am out two trips to the Post Office, the cost of the MO, express mailing to expedite the transaction, a $16 filing fee to the Post Office to get my money back and been informed it may take 60 days to get my money back ??? All because he wanted to change his mind. I suspect he was offered more money by a local person or local pick up after our deal. QTH is fast turning out to be worse than Rip Off Bay !
W3ESE

Post by W3ESE »

I'm sure that the "seller" didn't realize the hoops that you would have to jump through to get your money back..otherwise he could have just cashed your money order, purchased another, and sent it to you. He also could have just endorsed it and returned it to you for your counter-endorsement and cashing.

What I don't understand though, is your comment about QTH. What did QTH do to warrant that comment?
Bear

Post by Bear »

It while not QTH's fault it is still occurring on this site. As for what the seller could have done yes he could have done a lot of things differently but he did not do them. All of which as a buyer trying to do the right thing I had no control over. He could have been as good as his word and completed the sale and there would not have been a problem but he did not. The bottom line is he is not to be trusted and not a man of his word. If such actions continue to happen soon folks will be hesitant to attempt to buy anything on QTH. It may be that the site owner needs to set up a way to look into such complaints. I actually find your comments a bit strange as well but to each his own.
W3ESE

Post by W3ESE »

You find my comments a "bit strange"??...Whatever...
Have a great holiday season.