Enough is Enough with this NOT wanting to Ship

This is the place to discuss the QTH.com Classifieds (http://swap.qth.com). Please be constructive.
W2YM

Enough is Enough with this NOT wanting to Ship

Post by W2YM »

Enough is Enough.. I am tired of people not wanting to ship there equipment. It is rediculous that people don't want to ship. Comes down that there LAZY most of them. If your older person get someone to help you like a friend or relative. Don't give me that Covid crap.. this shipping problem has been going on for at least 3 to 5 years now. Then the excuse well if I ship it might get damaged. Well two things learn to pack things or have UPS or FedX pack it for you. I have shipped out radio such as 1000D's, IC-781 without org. box's. Not one problem... Just to many excuses. I have had numerous surgery's on neck and back and I don't complain I just ship out my equipment when I sell it. I just can't believe what is going on these days with the country being so LAZY. (America) that is.. Sad ,,, thanks for reading this, Mark W2YM have nice Easter week. 73's.
W3DL

Re: Enough is Enough with this NOT wanting to Ship

Post by W3DL »

I feel the same way. It is not that difficult to pack and ship a radio or accessory. How did the radio or accessory get from the factory to the dealer and then to you, if not by a shipper? It's frustrating to find an AD for the item you are searching for only to read the AD and find out you can only buy it if you drive 1500 miles to pick it up.

Also, why limit your marketplace to hams within 100 miles of your home, when you could sell in a nationwide marketplace if you would take the simple step of boxing , insuring and shipping the item, your marketplace is actually global on an internet site.
w8nic

Post by w8nic »

NO SHIP is the preference of a seller. You don’t like it? Move on to the next seller. Personally, it frustrates me too but not my place to tell seller how to sell. As to seller limiting his area, that’s his problem.
kane

Post by kane »

I share your sentiments. Packing and shipping a radio or accessories is not difficult. If not through a shipper, how did the radio or accessory travel from the factory to the dealer and subsequently to you?
among us
NK7Z

Post by NK7Z »

Mark,

It is not your place to call out the seller for his/her sales terms, much less calling them lazy. You look small and petty when you do this. It appears you are just intolerant of people that don't make life simple for you.

If you dislike the terms of a sale, then exercise your right to move on, as the seller is exercising his/her right to say they don't want to ship. This is just cancel culture with a different face on it... Please don't bring it to Amateur radio...
73's and thanks,
For equipment reviews and setups see:
http://www.nk7z.net
N9IKE

Post by N9IKE »

Many years ago I cleaned out the shack and was very reasonable on a lot of Kenwood gear I sold. Today's prices of the same gear are higher than I sold mine for. I absolutely refused to ship outside the USA and received many complaints from foreign hams. I set the price and I paid the shipping! My reason was simple: After many years overseas in the military, I know what condition items arrive in. Great feedback from Hams when they opened the package and it was as described in good working condition. And I have driven many miles to pick up an amp. Who would want to take a chance on shipping?
NK7Z

Post by NK7Z »

I mark the price of the product up by the shipping amount, then take it to a professional shipper, which insures their work. The incident that convinced me of this method, was when I shipped a full sized screwdriver antenna to a repair facility. It arrived broken, and the shipper paid for it. From that day on, I ALWAYS have items professionally packaged, and shipped. I charge the seller the cost of this, and if they gripe about it, I tell them too bad... If they don't want to pay, I don't sell to them. When I sell something, I want it to arrive in the same condition it left my home in.
73's and thanks,
For equipment reviews and setups see:
http://www.nk7z.net
K9DD

Post by K9DD »

Feel free to pass by anything I list as local pickup. If I list it that way I have a reason. I'm old and in poor health and can no longer lift and pack heavy items. I'm about to list a Kenwood TL-922A and can barely move it off the desk, much less pack it and carry it to the car. I'm ok with you not buying it, someone might be wiling to drive here to see it work and move it to their car without taking it apart and removing the tubes.

Enjoy your easy shopping experience.

Jim - K9DD
KD7HVL

Post by KD7HVL »

I agree. This site is looked at but many people from all over the country and I think if you want to sell it locally you should use Craigslist for you city. Just my 2 cents. I ship heavy items in the hundreds of pounds all over and never had problems, you just pack it right to start with. some time I crate the stuff and ship it that way but I have no problems shipping. By the way I am in my 70s and have all kinds of medical joint problems.
KD7HVL

Post by KD7HVL »

I agree. This site is looked at but many people from all over the country and I think if you want to sell it locally you should use Craigslist for you city. Just my 2 cents. I ship heavy items in the hundreds of pounds all over and never had problems, you just pack it right to start with. some time I crate the stuff and ship it that way but I have no problems shipping. By the way I am in my 70s and have all kinds of medical joint problems.