Method of payment ...

This is the place to discuss the QTH.com Classifieds (http://swap.qth.com). Please be constructive.
n5wrx

Method of payment ...

Post by n5wrx » Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:32 pm

So many sellers do NOT accept payPal ...

I bought about 6 ham radios in the last couple of years ... all from QRZ classifieds.
All payed for with PayPal.
I use PayPal for the protection it gives me as a buyer.
If I see "no paypal" in an add I skip right over that add.

Why would anyone not accept PayPal as a form of payment.
Its the only way I would buy a used radio from a stranger.

N0EE

Re: Method of payment ...

Post by N0EE » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:22 pm

I realize this is an old post but I'll comment anyway. People do not accept PayPal for many reasons, the main one is sellers have no protection at all through PayPal and that is fact. A buyer can steal all the parts they want, blow it up, whatever, file a claim and get their money even though THEY caused the issue. I've experienced that first hand. As a buyer PayPal is great, as a seller you WILL eventually get screwed by PayPal and unscrupulous buyers, no doubt about it. I may or may not take PayPal on a case by case basis, my decision and my decision alone. Sometimes Paypal is great, sometimes they break it off in your...

N9LCD

Re: Method of payment ...

Post by N9LCD » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:15 pm

Once upon a time, I was selling my Racal RA1795 receiver -- a solid state "boat anchor".

The price was $1,500 including crating & air freight to San Francisco. the crating & insured air freight was about $300 -- out of pocket.

The buyer wanted to use PlayPal. Naturally they're both in California.

But I'd have to wait 30 days to get ONE THIRD of the price. 30 days for the second third. And 60 days for the last third.

90 DAYS WAIT TO GET MY $$$$$

NO WAY!

NO PlayPal!

NO DEAL!