Just Hams or Businesses in Disguise?

This is the place to discuss the QTH.com Classifieds (http://swap.qth.com). Please be constructive.
Bear

Re: Just Hams or Businesses in Disguise?

Post by Bear »

To Nk7Z, Spot on. It should be by Hams, for Hams, and sellers should have to have a legitimate call sign before being able to post or list here. Hams selling should be limited to the number of monthly ads they can post as well. This site does not need to be turned into "Rip Off Bay" . We are into a Hobby, not a Business. If someone wants to run a Internet Business then get a Registered Web Site and do their business there ! The site owner here provides the Ham Community a Great service and has done everything to make it a nice site. My hat is off to Him. Let's hope a way to control it somehow will be developed. I could see and would have no problem with the owner charging a small fee for posting items for sale here . Just my two cents worth from N4ADW
K2WW

Post by K2WW »

Ebay Prices without KA9FOX getting the BIG percentage.
He should put a limit on the "I used this radio today to make contacts" with a new elecraft post almost daily.

Is it me or have hams gone crazy with pricing, shaking my head!

Dean
K2WW
kc6pga

Post by kc6pga »

I would imagine that the new rules about reporting sales over $600. per year to the IRS are going to stop the hustle culture
WY4A11

Post by WY4A11 »

it will but they are not enforcing it yet its coming im off Ebay and no PayPal anymore just selling what I've collected through the years
W0AAT

Post by W0AAT »

Once a week bumps are fine, gets your ad back in view....

Most annoying?

The dude selling manuals and advertising junk... bumped daily sometimes... it buries legitimate sellers because I skim over it fast and probably miss stuff!