as is -no returns

This is the place to discuss the QTH.com Classifieds (http://swap.qth.com). Please be constructive.
WY4A11

as is -no returns

Post by WY4A11 »

this is to explain why all my ads that have WORKING radios that i sell are marked AS-IS NO RETURNS,all MY RADIOS WORK THAT ARE FOR SALE UNLESS I SPECIFY THEY ARE TECH SPECIALS,ive had a few people ask me why as is no returns --what if the radio does not work? ITS A WORKING RADIO TESTED AND USED BY ME DAILY they all work...last year i had a fellow buy a working radio by paypal ,took a month to install it but put longer screws into the radio shorting it out then told paypal NOT AS ADVERTISED I REFUNDED HIS MONEY AND THE SHIPPING BACK...THIS IS THE REASON WHY THE AS IS NO RETURN POLICY,ALSO THE PART SWAPPING SCAMMERS my phone number is posted and i welcome calls...thank you PEDRO WY4A IF MY ADS ARE RUNNING THE ITEMS ARE STILL FOR SALE
n5wrx

Re: as is -no returns

Post by n5wrx »

See the post titled ...

Euphemisms Found in Classified Ham ads

http://chat.qth.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8902

When a buyer buys a radio from a shipper it is the shippers responsibility to get that radio into the hands of the buyer in good condition.
If it is damaged in shipping it is the sellers responsibility ... why? ... because the seller is the one who insures it and gets the insurance money.

Sorry ... but that is the way it is!.
WY4A11

Post by WY4A11 »

i understand my responsibility as a shipper BUT WHEN PEOPLE DO NOT LIKE THE MERCHANDISE AND WANT TO RETURN IT AND TELL PAYPAL NOT AS DESCRIBED OR BREAK IT AND RETURN IT OR PART SWAP WHY IS THAT MY FAULT ? THATS WHY THE AS IS
w0bkr

Post by w0bkr »

Good luck...pay pal doesn't protect sellers. If you sell something to some jerk that plays with it and says "not as advertized", no matter if you have a video of it...they take the money away from you and force you to pay shipping both ways...and you likely end up with a damaged item...or one missing some parts...and they don't support you...