We should not have a Feedback Forum

This is the place to discuss the QTH.com Classifieds (http://swap.qth.com). Please be constructive.
curt

We should not have a Feedback Forum

Post by curt »

This forum is for grown up cry babies who don't have a clue what real problems in life are except some little scratch on something that was used for years.

Scott, I still maintain what I wrote you in a private email that all you did was open up a can of worms thinking this was a good idea when all it does is let people bash each other while you sit back and say, OH, I am not involved, so says my attorneys.

Feeling people's sensitive silly feelings are not being dealt with in a politically correct way and therefore the "assumed" guilty individual deserves to be publicly lashed in this fashion.

One time on QTH a VK bad mouthed me when I was "K3ivb" and many people believed him because "it was written". This individual still frequents QTH to this day. He wanted TS830S I had but I refused him not wanting to bother with overseas shipping and paper work. He then proceeded to bad mouth me with pure lies and insults and only after telling Scott that I was ready to pursue legal action did Scott delete his crap of lies. Now fast forward and we have this forum that is nothing more than a breeding ground for such individuals to slander others that they "perceive" as needing a lashing. It's wrong, it’s not right, and it’s why I seldom post on QTH. Maybe QRZ has pissed off some people but that guy thinks more to my liking than does this forum owner.

Curt/k3ey

NOTE: this post was originally made as a reply to someone else's bad feedback. I've moved it to it's own discussion thread and modified the posting to remove the comment about that particular bad feedback post. - KA9FOX
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Post by KA9FOX »

eBay has a Feedback Forum which guides buyers & sellers. When I deal on eBay, I would never consider dealing with someone with a lot of negative feedback.

We need something similar for non-auction selling. Curt, what do you propose we do? You are full of complaints, but don't offer any solutions.

- Scott KA9FOX
Free Ham Radio Classified Ads: https://swap.QTH.com
n2mg

I give Scott a lot of credit

Post by n2mg »

Far more than complaints about "scratches" are discussed here. I give Scott a lot of credit for having the guts to run this feedback forum and maintaining a modicum of civility in it.

Not sure what is being suggested - just because there are a few bad apples out there that might abuse the feedback forum, does that mean it has to go? The natural progression would be since there are a few bad sellers out there, that all classified forums should go away as well.

While we're at it, we better melt down guns and cars too...

Mike N2MG
K4ICL

To Forum or Not to Forum...

Post by K4ICL »

Isn't it a matter of personal choice?
  • If you don't like a Forum, don't read the forum.

If you don't want to post on a Forum, don't post on it.
Remember: Life is like a box of chocolates...
Cheers,

AL
K4ICL
JD*

Post by JD* »

I like this forum and have read it before posting my 1st For Sale.

Feedback is an absolute on E-Bay. I would not deal with anyone who has more than 2 negative reports. You would be surprised how that keeps people honest.

I am thinking how I can let others here see my E-bay reports. There comes a point where a leap of faith is necessary.
livecam

Post by livecam »

In the feedback area we see many examples of hams who have just plain been ripped off by others. Would you really want to send substantial money or valuable gear to an unknown person based solely on that person's word? Feedback keeps em honest (sort of) and while there is no substitute for a face to face deal, feedback in online transactions is the next best thing that can be done. An honest online trader will earn a reputation that only enhances his prestige in the amateur community and of course the dishonest trader will have his own reputation to deal with as well.
k8vf

Feedback Forum

Post by k8vf »

It is very useful. In many cases it helps fellows sell used equipment to strangers because someone took the time to make a positive post....keep up the good work, Scott.
K1JAN

Post by K1JAN »

I wish I had known THIS forum (feedback) was here before I blew a large amount of money with someone others had already HAD bad dealings with!! Now, as with ebay, I WILL reaqd and search first!

Paul ANdreasen, K1JAN
ARRL Technical Coordinator, Santa Barbara Section
ARRL Technical Advisor, Southwestern Division
K1JAN

Oops

Post by K1JAN »

I also promise tp "pell speck" and type s l o w e r ....
Paul ANdreasen, K1JAN
ARRL Technical Coordinator, Santa Barbara Section
ARRL Technical Advisor, Southwestern Division
Vaughn Willy Worth

Very unusual post about cry baby's

Post by Vaughn Willy Worth »

If you check Curts QRZ listing , you will see that his former call was K3EY and that he posted several " Cry Baby " post's on this reflecter. Then he get's his old call back and complains ! This is not very smart. He complained about folks who had bad experiences with buying, selling or trading eqipment, as he did, but then say's we should not have this reflecter. What kind of sense does that make? He speaks with a forked tongue !! He also tried to back up a Bob Johnson, KE4SI of Byron, Ga. after he sold me an amplifier that he swore worked but had an arced band-switch and bad padding cap's in it. I guess that occurs in shipping !! Some folk's never learn. KA9FOX pegged him right. He complains but does not offer a sensible solution.
curt

Re: Very unusual post about cry baby's

Post by curt »

Vaughn Willy Worth wrote:If you check Curts QRZ listing , you will see that his former call was K3EY and that he posted several " Cry Baby " post's on this reflecter. Then he get's his old call back and complains ! This is not very smart. He complained about folks who had bad experiences with buying, selling or trading eqipment, as he did, but then say's we should not have this reflecter. What kind of sense does that make? He speaks with a forked tongue !! He also tried to back up a Bob Johnson, KE4SI of Byron, Ga. after he sold me an amplifier that he swore worked but had an arced band-switch and bad padding cap's in it. I guess that occurs in shipping !! Some folk's never learn. KA9FOX pegged him right. He complains but does not offer a sensible solution.

The exact reason I started this topic is for guys like this one. He admitted to me that he didn't realize what he bought (after) he drove 15 hours. Now he wants to slam an old man and with the power of the internet people, like watching TV, believe everything they see. This guy is strange. I mean he can't think of anything to defend his verbal abuse so he brings up my call sign change, what does that matter? My opinion stands! This kind of venue is for guys either hugging each other or kicking each other in the teeth and does absolutly nothing to solve issues. It’s not going to save the next poor guy who doesn’t know how to reason before handing over his hard earned money. It's a venue for small men.

Attention Mod man: Please let me know why, (IF) you delete this reply like the other one as it was in no way vulgar but only truthful. I apologize for getting angry but this stuff should be classified: “Stupid Humans and their Actions”.

Curt/k3ivb
KC0UKR

Post by KC0UKR »

It is hard to ignore the obvious here with Curt that other forces are at work.
Either he wants to be able to freely act as he pleases with no thought of accountability or can not get over the wrong he claims was done to him.
This is after calling the rest of us "Cry Babies" for being here?

I agree that some people here post while in the Heat of the Moment ,having just been screwed over and others seem to have a poor grasp of the english language and grammer which makes understanding their rants difficult but to deny them a place to warn others and share their negative experience makes it a lot easier for the bad guys to succeed.

I usually make my own descision regarding one of these reports. It is not too hard to discern from a careful reading of both sides who I want to do deals with and not. Very often one report brings others out who have had similar experience with the same person.

It seems to me that the original poster here is doing the whining and crying.
curt

Post by curt »

KC0UKR wrote:It is hard to ignore the obvious here with Curt that other forces are at work.
Either he wants to be able to freely act as he pleases with no thought of accountability or can not get over the wrong he claims was done to him.
This is after calling the rest of us "Cry Babies" for being here?

I agree that some people here post while in the Heat of the Moment ,having just been screwed over and others seem to have a poor grasp of the english language and grammer which makes understanding their rants difficult but to deny them a place to warn others and share their negative experience makes it a lot easier for the bad guys to succeed.

I usually make my own descision regarding one of these reports. It is not too hard to discern from a careful reading of both sides who I want to do deals with and not. Very often one report brings others out who have had similar experience with the same person.

It seems to me that the original poster here is doing the whining and crying.

Believe what you want. I told Scott all this does is open him up to trouble to which he replied his attorney says differently. Saving the world one word at a time. Knock yourselves out while bringing down innocents so you can “feel” redeemed. It does nothing else, it's a feel good cure. Writing in your diary is safer and just as effective.
curt/k3ivb
KC0UKR

Post by KC0UKR »

Are you really implying that everyone receiving comments here about their trade performance is innocent?

It sounds as though this is exactly what you are saying.

I have found that people with good experience with a trader will rally behind someone wrongly accused faster than those rightly exposed will be able to defend themselves.

Doesn't this make any sense to you?