A note about PayPal

This is the place to discuss the QTH.com Classifieds (http://swap.qth.com). Please be constructive.
KS9Q

A note about PayPal

Post by KS9Q »

For those of you accept payments by PayPal or are perhaps doing so for the first time, please be aware that when a payment is made, it sometimes takes a day or two between the time you receive a "you've got money" message and the time that the funds actually populate to your account. I lost out on a purchase today because the seller assumed that because the funds hadn't shown up in his account balance on the same day the payment was generated, they must not be coming. I had no idea there was even an issue until I got a notice of refund along with a "the money never showed up" email. I think this was an honest mistake (albeit an avoidable one) and I figured this might be a teachable moment. I'm not trying to start a PayPal good/PayPal bad discussion, just pointing out that a) PayPal payments may need to marinate for a day or so before they post to your account and b) it's a good idea to communicate with the buyer before unilaterally cancelling a transaction. This would have been fixed with 5 minutes of talk time. In this case, I would have been able to see in my credit card account that the amount had been authorized by PayPal and been able to explain that the cycle would have completed within a day or two.

Jim K. - KS9Q