Tell the truth!

This is the place to discuss the QTH.com Classifieds (http://swap.qth.com). Please be constructive.
W4FJF

Tell the truth!

Post by W4FJF »

When you list a piece of equipment "for sale", and a ham offers you less than what you want - TELL THEM!!! Tell them what you want for it. Don't give them a bunch of blarney about "well, the club has decided to keep the item". Then I learned that my offer was too low for their expectations. I just went through this today, and it left a very bad taste in my mouth. I told the seller that he can keep the item, and wouldn't accept it if he had it gold plated and gave it to me. Don't lie to me - I dislike liars intensely. If you don't want to sell it to me - TELL ME! If my offering price is too low, TELL ME!
We are supposed to be a fellowship of radio operators, helping each other out. And I thought it was true, until recently. There are now four ham operators on my internet email block list, and there they will remain.
My eternal thanks to all the other amateurs who have helped me out in the past, and will in the future. Bless you all!
Fm Fred - W4FJF 73'S
FRED/W4FJF - EMAIL: ffuhrer@elmore.rr.com
Be careful: The toes you stomp on today may be attached to the butt you may have to kiss tomorrow!
hpadron2004

We are supposed to be a fellowship of radio operators

Post by hpadron2004 »

Yes dear Fred we are still friends who help each other and in spite of you have a bad taste in your mouth,we are not all the same,I have asked prices to many hams and my offer has been below what they want or ask and the answer has been very pollite,the fact that you have found one grumpy guy don't mean nothing,to give you an idea how grumpy some are,friend of mine this week offered some one who was selling a MLA-2500 without tubes and asking for best offer,seventy bucks because and he is right,he will have to spend 800 bucks in the pair of 8875 missing tubes and who knows what else could be wrong,so after all my friend didn't offend this guy,he only told him the facts and the expenses he migtht be involved If he bought that tubeless amp,there is nothing wrong to ask and give your opinion about something you sell,right? simply If you don't like my offer,as you stated here,tell me you don't want to sell it for so low price,and you know what? this rude and unpollite guy told my friend he was going to publish in this forum about his offer,geeeeeeeeeee my friend has done nothing wrong but offer an amount,after all he put in the ad "make me an offer" and that is exactly what my friend did,oh well some people are like this guy,unpollite,rude,and grumpy,but again hamradio is the best hobby in the world,and I consider it myself the best way to do friends all over the world,my friend,keep your spirit high and don't let this experience make you feel bad.One bad apple in the tree don't mean the whole tree is a bad one,God bless you and your family.

Hector
AD4C
God bless America
KB2WNR

Post by KB2WNR »

I'm a firm believer that putting Best Offer on an add is no better than Ebay, If you are selling an item you should put a ballpark figure as to what you want to get for it. It's easy enough to research what others have gotten for the same or similar items.

Had to add my $.02
KB2WNR