Classifieds Search Option Needed

This is the place to discuss the QTH.com Classifieds (http://swap.qth.com). Please be constructive.
KC8VWM

Classifieds Search Option Needed

Post by KC8VWM »

It would be nice if the search feature included "Search by Location"

Currently the available search options are:

CHOOSE A FIELD:

Title and Description
Callsign of person posting ad
Name of person posting ad
E-mail Address of person posting ad
Date that ad was placed on (MM/DD/YY)
Listing number of ad

For example, I might want to search for items for sale such as heavy Boat Anchors, Amplifiers, Antenna Towers, or Tribander Yagi's that may be difficult to ship, but are located only within a certain specified distance away from a persons physical location for local pickup.

Perhaps, I might simply prefer to filter my search for items that are for sale only in specific geographical radius, instead of looking at all the ads nationwide to find them?

There is currently no option available in the search criteria to find items that are for sale only within a specific state, distance away, or geographical location area.

Does anyone else feel this search feature would serve a benefit to them when searching items for sale on QTH.com?
K9XR

Re: Classifieds Search Option Needed

Post by K9XR »

No, not really because there aren't usually too many listings from a search that I can't go through. Now if you want to talk about guys that say local pickup only and don't give their qth. I know all I have to do is look up their call but I don't even waste my time doing that.