Make all poster supply a sale price and photo

This is the place to discuss the QTH.com Classifieds (http://swap.qth.com). Please be constructive.
KG0MN

Make all poster supply a sale price and photo

Post by KG0MN »

I have stopped replying to ads with no prices, or pictures or ones that say "will trade for something of similar value". You can end up sending three or four emails before you even get the price set on an item. In this day and age everyone has a cell phone or a friend who does; so take a photo and show us the item. The last bit of advice I will give out to sellers and buyers. If you plan on selling something wipe the dust and coffee stain off of the item and finally buyers ignore ads for items that appear dirty, this an indication that the item has not been cared for.
kg8lb

Re: Make all poster supply a sale price and photo

Post by kg8lb »

I frequently post here without photos and have done just fine . I usually post here when for one reason or another photos are inconvenient or not really needed like when local pick up only is offered. I usually post on QTH to make an easy sale without the bother of posting pics and offer here at a much lower price than usual .
I hate taking pics and posting them on line . Scammers often lift photos and use them for scam attempts .
If I really have to take pics I usually post on ebay instead .

Don't want to ask the price , don't respond . Need photos first , don't buy . There is no need to compel people to post pics and prices just to suit you . The market will even that out in the long run .
OK, So where are the filters now ?
KW4HKY

Post by KW4HKY »

No picture, no price (unless it's a trade) I don't even bother.
KC7I

Post by KC7I »

KW4HKY wrote:No picture, no price (unless it's a trade) I don't even bother.
Absolutely! If there's no price or picture, I wonder what they are hiding and won't go near it.