Page 1 of 1

WTB Radson Help

Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:15 am
by ncc1701

I am new both to the hobby and to this forum. Please be kind to a newbie 8)

I was first introduced to ham radio during a high school program I did at NASA Glenn. Recently, I was reintroduced by a neighbor who I learned is an old pro. Through him, I learned of the Radson brand. As it is a family name, I would love to be able to purchase one -- working or not.

Is it acceptable to post a WTB (Want to Buy) ad in the classifieds?

If not, what are some other places you would recommend? I mean, it seems eBay has them occasionally and I will keep checking QTH, but recommendations are certainly welcome :)

Thanks everyone! I can't want to be back to learn more about this and the hobby in general :mrgreen:

Re: WTB Radson Help

Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:14 pm
by K4ICL
Feel free to post a Want to Buy (WTB) ad any time.

There are some restrictions.

Your ad must adhere to our site rules. Be sure to read them before you post an ad.
No equipment listed in the site rules as illegal. Be sure to read through the provided lists.
Your WTB ad must be DIRECTLY related to Amateur Radio.



Re: WTB Radson Help

Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:42 pm
by wz3o
You'll also need a call sign , so IMHO you should use it when you post here...Just Sayin' :)

Re: WTB Radson Help

Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:03 pm
by K4ICL
At the present time you do NOT need to have a valid Amateur Radio call sign to use the Classified service. If you do have a valid call sign you should always use it as your means of identification. Having said this, you may not use the site without some valid identification information, usually a complete name AND a valid phone number. Each ad is validated to reduce the use of the site by scammers, so there is a need for valid information.

If you use the site and do not have a valid call sign, you may not post any ads to buy, sell, or trade for ANY transmitting device. Only licensed hams with a valid call sign may to this. The exception is when a non-ham relative wants to sell equipment for an estate of person who has or did have a valid call sign. In such case, post the ad but clearly indicate it is and estate related ad and the call sign of the SK. If this is not done, the ad will be deleted.

Finally, be sure your ads are directly related to amateur radio; if not, they will be deleted.

de K4ICL