Do you ask for feedback on qth?

This is the place to discuss the QTH.com Classifieds (http://swap.qth.com). Please be constructive.
K9XR

Do you ask for feedback on qth?

Post by K9XR »

When you sell something or buy something on QTH do you ask the buyer or seller for feedback? I was just wondering because over the years there have been guys that get a lot of feedback but don't really seem to sell that much stuff. I sell quite a bit of stuff on qth and seldom receive feedback. I never have any problems with any of my deals but I don't leave feedback and I don't ask for it either. Another thing that seems a little strange is when a guy leaves feedback for someone in his very first post here on qth. He must have gotten one hell of a deal to make him want to make his first post about it. There is a guy in the last week that got feedback from four or five guys and it was all of their first posts. You don't think he might be asking for feedback, do you? No, I didn't think so.

I guess what I am really asking is "does the feedback really mean anything if you have to ask for it?".
localjunkpeddler

Re: Do you ask for feedback on qth?

Post by localjunkpeddler »

Unsolicited "attaboys" on a good deal from buyers or sellers are always always a nice touch. But I don't feel it's necessary to gather a crowd to say "Thanks"............Lee,K4LJP
"Always drink upstream of the herd"
K9XR

Re: Do you ask for feedback on qth?

Post by K9XR »

Lee, My sentiments exactly. I think it means a lot more when it is unsolicited. What really gives it away is when someone who I have done a really smooth deal (or deals) with leaves feedback for one of the usual suspects. Another one is when the "happy dealer" uses his very first post to applaud one of the usual suspects.

localjunkpeddler wrote:Unsolicited "attaboys" on a good deal from buyers or sellers are always always a nice touch. But I don't feel it's necessary to gather a crowd to say "Thanks"............Lee,K4LJP