need suggestion for adding more photos

This is the place to discuss the QTH.com Classifieds (http://swap.qth.com). Please be constructive.
k7kw

need suggestion for adding more photos

Post by k7kw »

Hi.
I occasionally post or buy things here, and an issue I run into is the need to post more photos. So the browsing buyer can read the whole ad and see the pictures without having to ask for more photos. I would like for him/her to have all the information on the first pass.
So I understand that adding more images to the swap board can bog it down.
Some sellers put links to other sites where they have already posted more details like photos. I like this.
--> Do you have a suggestion for a simple site with a simple way to post these pictures?
When I have something for sale, I don't want to prevent "tire-kickers" or others from checking out my goods. Starting a sale with an insult or other hurdles isn't a great idea.
thanks
Doug k7kw
k2cz

Re: need suggestion for adding more photos

Post by k2cz »

One thing you can do is create an account at wordpress.com Doing so you create a blog--- like k2xxxx.wordpress.com. Where you then can post pictures. I am not sure if there is a learning curve for sole stuff but this gives you the option of using this as a ham radio website. With some added learning --- it is easy --- you can create separate web pages ---without knowing HTML--- and add those web pages to your site.

Another choice on similar lines is blogspot.com.

A third choice is to post pictures to any of the photo sharing sites like flicker. (You need an account there also)

I have a URL and pay for hosting (qth. Com will gladly host your site)
I am not familiar with qth com site capabilities but the provider I lease a server from includes different aps that I can load and configure. I host several sites on my server and will gladly host any hams web URL and provide him or her with a Wordpress platform for them to host their site --- at my cost.

My site is simple as I just post pictures of the stuff I am selling right now
Www.k2cz.com