Placing an ad or sold items not remove

This is the place to discuss the QTH.com Classifieds (http://swap.qth.com). Please be constructive.
W4IJY

Placing an ad or sold items not remove

Post by W4IJY »

I have made several offers for items, even agreeing to the price and terms spelled out in the ad and to be told it has been sold or the seller does not respond to an inquiry.

I thought hams were better than the "muddy pond" people. Guess not.

Dwight W4IJY
Thank you, Dwight
kc9igd

Post by kc9igd »

Well if the ham said it sold what else is he to say???? I don,t understand what more do you whant?
K4ICL

Then again...

Post by K4ICL »

Yes, it would be better if ALL users would delete their ads if the items for sale are no longer available.

Unfortunately, all too often, many users will post an ad to sell something and, after it is sold, forget to go back to the QTH.com Classified site and delete their ad, or don't know how to delete the ad.

Deleting a ad is fairly simple: 1) Get the number of the ad, 2) click on DELETE AD at bottom of any display page, 3) copy the ad number into the top box, 4) enter your ad password, 5) delete ad.

As a potential buyer, you might want to FIRST ask the seller if the item is still for sale. If you can't contact the seller, just figure the advertised item is no longer available.

BTW, it is better to delete your unneeded ad rather than mark it SOLD. There is no need for the ad any more if it is SOLD. If there is a chance the sale might NOT go through, mark it as SOLD PENDING PAYMENT, so you will not continue to receive inquiries about the item.

Cheers,

AL
K4ICL