Updating Ads

This is the place to discuss the QTH.com Classifieds (http://swap.qth.com). Please be constructive.
KG4LHQ

Updating Ads

Post by KG4LHQ »

Can we please make a change to way people updating their ads?

I log on to QTH everyday and see the same ads on top everyday thats been there for weeks on end. I know the policy I think your allowed to update your ad 3x to bring it to the top but it seems like EVERYDAY I see the same ads about a HT-202 that is priced way too high and a 1/4 wave VHF antenna. Those two examples are always on top of each category everyday.

Can we do something about this please.
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Post by KA9FOX »

There isn't any way that I can stop this. As you've noted, you can edit your ad 3x, then after that you'd have to delete the ad and place a new one. Those that feel the need to push their junk to the top of the ads every day have no problem relisting the same ad.

Programming wise, it would be very difficult, if not impossible to "detect" that the same ad (or similar?) is being placed by the same person and stop it.

I would suggest some peer pressure may stop it instead. If you don't like someone's ad, and feel they are abusing the site, respond to their ad and tell 'em so. :D

- Scott KA9FOX
w7ry

Re: Updating Ads

Post by w7ry »

Did they lower the price by $10 or $20 or $150 bucks and you just dint see that? I do that all the time... Lower my price with an edit.

73 (73 is always singular)
Jim W7RY